Question PCIe x1 slot to two PCIe x16 slots, any help?

uzi314

Prominent
Aug 16, 2018
Hey guys!
I need to know that can I use any extender/riser card in my PCIe x1 slot for adding two more PCIe x16 slots?
The reason is that my motherboard is micro ATX so lack of enough slots thus I wanna add more slots but I won't be putting video cards in these two PCIe x16 slots but 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet PCIe x1 card and 6-Port USB 3.0 PCIe x1 card!

I have Gigabyte GA-H61M DS2 (rev3.0)

popatim

Titan
You can use one x1 riser to add one x16 slot. You will need two open x1 slots if you wish to have two x16 slots.
Crypto miners have been doing this for years since their app isn't bandwidth intensive.

I'm curious, Whats the point of the 4 port Lan card, if you don't mind?

uzi314

Prominent
Aug 16, 2018
You can use one x1 riser to add one x16 slot. You will need two open x1 slots if you wish to have two x16 slots.
Crypto miners have been doing this for years since their app isn't bandwidth intensive.

I'm curious, Whats the point of the 4 port Lan card, if you don't mind?

No I need 4 Pcie x16 slots from 1 Pcie x1 card/slot!
How about something like this: https://www.amazon.com/S-Union-Expansion-Express-Multiplier-Ethereum/dp/B0787TZ72B

And the reason is that I'll be using 4 connections of 4 different ISPs but not simultaneously but for as either backups/redundancy (ISP's server down time is a lot where I live) and for some benefits which each connection would give me on its subscription!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The only issue I see is multiple x1 on a single x1. So if you are running Lan through 1 and decide to use the usb simultaneously, you'll still be sharing a single x1 bandwidth, so you'll need to prioritize the Lan side so the usb doesn't take a big chunk out of it.