PCIEx16 not detecting my GPU

CaptRikku

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
I recently got a new GPU and today I installed it and its not giving and output I checked in device manager Speccy and It looks like its not being detected I have done multiple things to fix such as reset CMOS and change the primary output to pcie but its defaulting to auto its been stressful and I would really like to find a fix my motherboard is an ASUS P8 H61-M CSM R2.0 its an lga1155
my gpu is a gtx 680 SIG 2 im using a tr2 thermaltake 600 powersupply i have also looked at other threads which none seem to find a solution

TL;DR PCIe 16 slot not detecting GPU need a fix

Thanks in advance

CaptRikku

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016

the psus pcie power connecters are installed i tried plugging the dvi cable into the gpu but just a black screen so im using igpu atm just to see

Rukeith

Honorable
Oct 14, 2014
Turn off your computer and make sure your GPU is seated in the top PCI-E slot enough to tighten the screw on your case. Then, have the PCI-E cables connected to your GPU (should be an 8-pin + 6-pin). Connect your DVI cable from the GPU to your monitor and boot it up.

CaptRikku

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016

The pcie cables are connected still the black screen

CaptRikku

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016

Lol of course im turning it off ive removed and reinstalled the gpu multiple times btw nothing

Rukeith

Honorable
Oct 14, 2014

Hmm, so did you replace a previous GPU that worked fine in your system? Also did you buy the 680 used, because if it's simply not booting period then there might be a chance it's dead. Your PSU should be enough to run it, or at the very least boot.

CaptRikku

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016

ive never had a gpu in my system before this one my friend gave me this gpu he got a new one last week he was using it and i know the gpu works i was watching him game like literally week or 2 ago so

CaptRikku

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016

do you think we can find a solution

CaptRikku

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016

the only thing i could try is boot with 1 stick of ram i meet the requirements for everything else

CaptRikku

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016

So I installed the card Ive made sure its seated properly pcie power connecters are connected i know i have enough power etc
when i tried to use the card you know i plugged in the dvi cable from monitor to gpu and when i tried to use it i just get a black screen i switch back to onboard and i take a look at device manager to see if its registering all i see is intel hd graphics when i open speccy and go to the motherboard section it says the only pci slot being used is the one with my wifi card which i thought was odd i googled multiple things and i couldnt find anything so here i am

what ive done so far is reset cmos ive flashed to bios tried setting gpu to onboard nothing idk what the problem is and my mobo is brand new i bought in september last year and its never had a card in it before so idk

CaptRikku

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016

no other pcie slots ive reset the cmos a lot doesnt seem to work unless im doing it wrong or something the card worked in my buds pc before he gave it to me