[SOLVED] PCIEX16 slot broken - is motherboard still usable?

souperzombie

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2015
I was disassembling my pc in preparation for a new psu and accidentally broke the plastic tab off my mobos main PCI slot that I use for my gpu. Is it worth to risk to see if it still works as normal, and would using one of the other PCI slots affect performance at all or even work?
rDKWn6M.jpeg

Solution
I was disassembling my pc in preparation for a new psu and accidentally broke the plastic tab off my mobos main PCI slot that I use for my gpu. Is it worth to risk to see if it still works as normal, and would using one of the other PCI slots affect performance at all or even work?
rDKWn6M.jpeg
That makes no difference in slot and GPU operation, screw(s) holding GPU to chassis should be enough to hod it down as long as MB is properly fastened and at right angle to back of the case, If you have very heavy GPU it might be wise to check if it's seated properly after rough handling or moving.
If it would ease your mind, you can use some "Anti sag" device like this...
rDKWn6M.jpeg
That makes no difference in slot and GPU operation, screw(s) holding GPU to chassis should be enough to hod it down as long as MB is properly fastened and at right angle to back of the case, If you have very heavy GPU it might be wise to check if it's seated properly after rough handling or moving.
If it would ease your mind, you can use some "Anti sag" device like this https://www.newegg.com/p/1DW-008N-0...cm_re=gpu_anti sag-_-1DW-008N-00015-_-Product

Solution

souperzombie

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2015
If it would ease your mind, you can use some "Anti sag" device like this https://www.newegg.com/p/1DW-008N-00015?Description=gpu anti sag&cm_re=gpu_anti sag--1DW-008N-00015--Product
Thanks, my gpu always did sag a noticeable amount so I'll buy a bracket just to keep it more even