[SOLVED] PCM vs Dolby Digital vs Auto vs Passthrough ?

May 13, 2020
Hello All,

I have bought a 50inch Kodak TV two weeks ago and was looking to connect my Fenda 2.1 speakers. I could do that with Bluetooth but there was some delay in lips sync in songs and movies.

So I thought of getting an audio converter, optical cable. I connected everything today and now everything is perfect.

There is one strange problem now. When connected via Bluetooth I could controlled the volume with TV remote but now since TV’s voice is gone to Fenda music system so now I have to adjust the volume by the remote of my Fenda music system.

So my question is that is there any way I can control the volume of my music system with my TV’s remote or there is no option?

Secondly, my TV has features in Spdif sound like PCM, Passthrough, Dolby Digital and Auto. So which is better? Does that make any difference? I checked on YouTube songs and all were working except Dolby Digital. Shall I let it be on Auto or which other mode?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
No you can't control the volume with the TV remote, the optical output is a line out, especially going through a converter. Changing the settings for audio won't make any difference for you. Those settings are for specific features like true 5.1 audio out to 5.1 setups.
No you can't control the volume with the TV remote, the optical output is a line out, especially going through a converter. Changing the settings for audio won't make any difference for you. Those settings are for specific features like true 5.1 audio out to 5.1 setups.

Solution