PCMCIA cards are recognized wrong

I have a Presario 1600. Everything was working great last week. Today,
I was cleaning up my old applications using "add/remove programs", and
deleted an application I did not recognize, thinking my son may have
put it on. All I can remember is that it had the word "flash" in it.

In any event, now whenever I put in a PCMCIA card (wireless or wired
ethernet cards), it is recognized as a storage flash card. Device
Manager puts it under "hard disk controllers" as "Intel/M-Systems or
other Flash Card".

Any idea what application I may have deleted, and where I could get it
back.

Thanks much,

- Brut

brutarus@hotmail.com wrote:
> I have a Presario 1600. Everything was working great last week. Today,
> I was cleaning up my old applications using "add/remove programs", and
> deleted an application I did not recognize, thinking my son may have
> put it on. All I can remember is that it had the word "flash" in it.
>
> In any event, now whenever I put in a PCMCIA card (wireless or wired
> ethernet cards), it is recognized as a storage flash card. Device
> Manager puts it under "hard disk controllers" as "Intel/M-Systems or
> other Flash Card".
>
> Any idea what application I may have deleted, and where I could get it
> back.
>
> Thanks much,
>
> - Brut

What is the operating system?

Quaoar wrote:
> brutarus@hotmail.com wrote:
>> I have a Presario 1600. Everything was working great last week.
>> Today, I was cleaning up my old applications using "add/remove
>> programs", and deleted an application I did not recognize, thinking
>> my son may have put it on. All I can remember is that it had the
>> word "flash" in it. In any event, now whenever I put in a PCMCIA card
>> (wireless or wired
>> ethernet cards), it is recognized as a storage flash card. Device
>> Manager puts it under "hard disk controllers" as "Intel/M-Systems or
>> other Flash Card".
>>
>> Any idea what application I may have deleted, and where I could get
>> it back.
>>
>> Thanks much,
>>
>> - Brut
>
> What is the operating system?

OK, the problem is that PC-Cards typically need to have drivers
available *before* the OS sees the card the first time. This is
OS-independent; older OS usually do not have drivers available for
PC-Cards; WinXP sometimes does. In any event, you need to acquire the
driver for each card, install the driver, then insert the card the first
time.