PCMCIA network cards

Hello,

Has anyone had any experience in getting a PCMCIA network card to work in a
Hewlett Packard Jornada 680 handheld PC?

I have 2 cards that will not work with this machine and yet will work in a
laptop running Win 98. I guess this is because the Jornada runs Windows CE
3.0, but I am not having any luck in finding any cards that will also run on
Windows CE 3.0.

Any ideas?

Graham.

"Graham Butcher" <graham.butcher@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone had any experience in getting a PCMCIA network card to work in
> Hewlett Packard Jornada 680 handheld PC?
>
> I have 2 cards that will not work with this machine and yet will work in a
> laptop running Win 98. I guess this is because the Jornada runs Windows CE
> 3.0, but I am not having any luck in finding any cards that will also run
> on
> Windows CE 3.0.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Graham.

This is a question for news:microsoft.public.pocketpc This is the Packard
Bell news group.
Now having said that I own a HP Pocket PC running the Windows CE program and
it has to do with the settings you use in the set up of the card. You can
also find assistance at the HP Web site forums at http://www.hp.com

I hope that helped?

Elector

Hi,

I have already tried the HP site without any success as they no longer
provide support for the 680 Jornada. I have also (following your
recommendation) posted a question on the news:microsoft.public.pocketpc
site, lets see if that bears any fruit.

Thanks,

Graham

> Hi,
>
> I have already tried the HP site without any success as they no longer
> provide support for the 680 Jornada. I have also (following your
> recommendation) posted a question on the news:microsoft.public.pocketpc
> site, lets see if that bears any fruit.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Graham

I noticed your post at the site and a few there have given you a good answer
to your question. I hope all works out for you. These little hand helds are
great but can be troublesome at times :)

Elector

Elector, yes you are correct, the post that Chris left for me seems to have
been the catalyst and I found from his link more links and have stumbled
across a list of suitable cards and guess what, I already had one, all I
needed was the driver. I am going to try and install this later and will
report back again and if anybody is interested I will include the links that
I found useful.

> "Graham Butcher" <graham.butcher@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have already tried the HP site without any success as they no longer
>> provide support for the 680 Jornada. I have also (following your
>> recommendation) posted a question on the news:microsoft.public.pocketpc
>> site, lets see if that bears any fruit.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Graham
>

> I noticed your post at the site and a few there have given you a good
> answer to your question. I hope all works out for you. These little hand
> helds are great but can be troublesome at times :)
>
> Elector

TRENDING THREADS