Iver Hicarte

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
Greetings,

I am currently making a system build in PCPartPicker and I have finally finished making a decision on what parts to buy and upgrade to, but there is one thing bugging me, a system compatibility issue that says "The Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the Corsair RMi 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it." I am going to upgrade my system but not the power supply, because I do not really have any issues with my PSU. But it says that it's lacking a certain connector, though PCPartPicker says the system will still run, it still bugs me because there is something missing. And I don't like the feeling of something wrong and lacking. The connector issue might be negligible to some but not for me, I overclock and it says I might not be able to overclock if I have that issue, what do you think guys? It's not really practical for me to upgrade the whole system since my current system is very high end and the only parts I'm gonna be upgrading is the CPU, GPU and motherboard. Am I gonna be losing a lot in performance and will the whole system underperform with this issue?

These are the components that I'm gonna upgrade to
CPU: Ryzen 5900X
GPU: ASUS RTX 3060 TUF GAMING OC
MOBO: ASUS B550 F GAMING

NOTE: Yes, I am going to be overclocking the CPU and GPU at their highest possible frequency.

Last edited:
That build is unbalanced. You have a cpu that goes for near $700 and a gpu that can be purchased new off of ebay for less than $700. You could drop down to a 5800x or even a 11700F and with the money saved size up to a RTX 3070. That's what's called a 'balanced build'.

Iver Hicarte

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
That build is unbalanced. You have a cpu that goes for near $700 and a gpu that can be purchased new off of ebay for less than $700. You could drop down to a 5800x or even a 11700F and with the money saved size up to a RTX 3070. That's what's called a 'balanced build'.
Yeah I know, but I purposely did this because I'm an editor, I benefit more from the use of CPU, I do gaming but not to the extreme, as long as I can game on ultra settings above 60FPS then I'm fine even if there's a bottleneck. Editing is a CPU intensive task anyway.

Reactions: Why_Me