PCSX2 Config and settings?

debagio

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015
I imagine this is a pretty popular question but I am having the worst time with this configuration. I had it working about 7 months ago and then Windows 10 updated and it for some reason erased my settings. Now I am struggling to make this thing function properly. Any help? I was easily running games at full speed before the update and have been trying to get that back so I can play my full collection of games.

Intel i5-6500
GTX 1050 Ti
16gb DDR4 2133
Gigabyte H110 M A

Any tips on settings? I know emulation takes a lot more resources but again I was running at full speed ajust a bit ago. Thanks for any help in advance!

Solution
You're probably best off looking at the PCSX2 wiki for individualized game settings. The big issue with PS2 emulation is that a lot of the games have to be running with specific hacks enabled in order to get good performance or to eliminate graphical bugs, some games have to run in OpenGL for the hardware renderer to work properly, some need to be in D3D11 to work properly, and some only work properly with the software renderer. Bottom line is there really isn't a one size fits all configuration. Just look up the game you want to run on the PCSX2 wiki and it should give you an idea of what settings are needed to get it running somewhat well.
You're probably best off looking at the PCSX2 wiki for individualized game settings. The big issue with PS2 emulation is that a lot of the games have to be running with specific hacks enabled in order to get good performance or to eliminate graphical bugs, some games have to run in OpenGL for the hardware renderer to work properly, some need to be in D3D11 to work properly, and some only work properly with the software renderer. Bottom line is there really isn't a one size fits all configuration. Just look up the game you want to run on the PCSX2 wiki and it should give you an idea of what settings are needed to get it running somewhat well.

Solution