PCUnlocker keeps locking my PC

Savvy_01

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2013
I'm not certain why, but recently, PC Unlocker has been showing up at boot claiming I have a locked drive and can't access it, and need to buy the premium to reset the password. I'm able to use the boot menu to bypass PC Unlocker, but after a while, it'll kick me out and say the drive is locked. I never installed PC Unlocker, and I don't see anything suspicious in the program list, although I've yet to search the directories for suspicious files.

Question is, how do I get rid of it? I didn't even install anything new when it happened. Everything I google for it just pops up with the legit program, but I never installed it so... How do I remove/find it?

Solution
It's not showing up in the installed programs list? It may be there under another name, maybe the company name. Copy your files to a backup drive, format system, install clean Windows again. That looks to be a more or less normal program (although with their websites and ads it's not something you should use) not a virus, which is why your antivirus never picked it up. It should not have just shown up on the computer, you may want to ask around if anyone was using your system. Maybe you have a password set on it they were trying to bypass.
It's not showing up in the installed programs list? It may be there under another name, maybe the company name. Copy your files to a backup drive, format system, install clean Windows again. That looks to be a more or less normal program (although with their websites and ads it's not something you should use) not a virus, which is why your antivirus never picked it up. It should not have just shown up on the computer, you may want to ask around if anyone was using your system. Maybe you have a password set on it they were trying to bypass.

Solution

Savvy_01

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2013

I'm not sure why I keep hitting select solution instead of reply, but I did it again.

Anyways, you were right though, it was installed on 4/12/2016 and was listed as ISO2Disc. I found that out because I was looking in my downloads folder for my USB Boot Disk creator and voila, a folder named pcunlocker. Both the trial iso and the iso2disc were created on the same day by the same company so, I uninstalled and deleted so, let's hope for the best.
UPDATE:Well, I also found a a zip file and installer with the program PCUnlocker AND ISO2Disc, so I guess I downloaded them both and forgot. I actually have a bit of an idea what I was doing that day too.