pda in my area

karama

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2001
Can anyone help me out here with some advice. I live in Brunswick/St.Simons Island GA. I would like to get a good handheld device that can organize and also download email. What is the best option when it comes to the device(palm. pocket pc, ect..). I need to know as well what service i can use in my area so that i can download my email. Is there a website that i can go to that can tell me what providers are in my area. I assume that i will be looking at providers such as sprint, cingular wireless, ect... .Will certain handheld devices only work with certain providers. Any help would be great!

mattg1000

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003
Stick with Pocket PC, Palm is nothing in comparison. It is well worth the $ if you are going to be using it all the time.

I don't know what the various cell networks offer in your area, but I would just go to their websites and look it up. I think Sprint has the best option for data...and you will have to get a cable to connect the phone to the PDA, unless you get a laptop and in that case there are a few PCMCIA card options from various providers...

kwebb68

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2002
If email and an organizer is all you need then a blackberry might suit your needs nicely. There are models that allow some browsing as well but I would go Pocket PC if you really want to do web surfing.