PDANET for Home Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

swhelin2005

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017
Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I have been searching about this topic for a few weeks with very little success. (September 2017).

This is what I am trying to do: I want to use PDANET on my android phone (Note 4) to give a USB internet connection to a computer (Windows 8.1). From this computer, I want to give an Ethernet wired internet connection to a network switch, which will then give a wired internet connection to other devices...

I understand the 4G cell phone speed is not ideal for online gaming, etc.

I also understand that Pdanet could give an internet connection through wifi to many devices--but I want to have things hardwired with ethernet cables.

I have Pdanet working successfully on my phone, and successfully connecting to the computer running Windows 8.1.

Please let me know if this is possible and how to do it! I am completely fed up with the home internet providers in my area. Spectrum jacked my price from $15 to $48 per month, Verizon completely lied to me after signing up for their service, and then Centurylink took my money (charged my credit card) then magically deleted my account before service was even installed...WTF

Thank you!

Solution
Pdanet settings on win 10 .. make sure you share and not bridge. On router make sure its automatic for wan port. Your pc witch is acting as WAN will not be able to access your lan , you will need to connect another ethernet port for that. You should get wan connected in your router settings. You may have to disconnect and reconnect your shared ethernet port. Goto pdanet broadband connection and sharing tab and uncheck and hit ok. Then go back and check it. As for router and wifi. My asus ac3200 works right out of the box for wan .it does not care what WAN is connected as long as its got ip . So wan connection type automatic ip.
You seem to be trying to do things in a very convoluted manner. Get a data modem from your service provider. Get a data modem router, use that router with your switch. If you really want to share your data through a computer instead, setup Internet Connection Sharing on the computer and enable your ethernet port for that, should work.

swhelin2005

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017
Thank you for the reply.
I have tinkered with all the network and sharing settings on two different computers to try this. I can have the pdanet usb connection enabled to share--but no internet signal goes out through the ethernet port to other devices...

erwina90

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017

Did you ever get this worked out. I'm in a similar situation and can't figure it out.

tclevenger2

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018

Connect your shared ethernet port to WAN port of your router. Solved!

erwina90

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017

The computer has internet and worked fine but the wireless router won't broadcast it. I can hook a second computer up to the first with ethernet cable and works but the router will not give all the Wi-Fi gadgets internet.

tclevenger2

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018

tclevenger2

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
Pdanet settings on win 10 .. make sure you share and not bridge. On router make sure its automatic for wan port. Your pc witch is acting as WAN will not be able to access your lan , you will need to connect another ethernet port for that. You should get wan connected in your router settings. You may have to disconnect and reconnect your shared ethernet port. Goto pdanet broadband connection and sharing tab and uncheck and hit ok. Then go back and check it. As for router and wifi. My asus ac3200 works right out of the box for wan .it does not care what WAN is connected as long as its got ip . So wan connection type automatic ip.

Solution

tclevenger2

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
Turn off everything .
1 make sure host pc is on and is connected to pdanet.
2 reboot router
3 turn on all wifi devices.

This works
LG tab 4glte
PC win 10
Xbox x
Xbox 1
Pc win 10
Smart lg tv wifi
Samsung tv wifi
Asus gaming laptop wifi
30 foot Thor RV
Go anywhere connected priceless

Dec 10, 2021
The reason so many people cannot get this to work is simply this.... a router set as an AP only in bridge mode might work depending on hardware using lvl 2 Mac address forwarding however a router set in router mode definitely expects to either have a static IP or get one through DHCP. Your PC cannot DHCP an IP to the router because no DHCP Server exists unless you install DHCP server for windows and configure it to give out at least one IP on the 192.168.137.0/24 network other than .1. .1 is given to the ethernet port on laptop by ICS when you turn on sharing in the PDANet NDIS connection in windows. So for most people just static assign your router wan port to.

IP: 192.168.137.2
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.137.1 (if asked)

Dns servers.... 8.8.8.8 or 9.9.9.9 or 1.1.1.1 or 68.94.156.1 (ATT) etc...

MTU should ben1500 or 1472 if you are going to have tcp and udp connections ie. Games 1452

Status
Not open for further replies.