[SOLVED] PDAnet veterans...😣help🤔

Mar 27, 2019
Issue
The "WiFi Share" function of PDAnet on the PC side worked amazingly for two weeks (this was three weeks ago). But, before this time period, and after it (presently), the WiFi Share function was/is not working correctly and I can't discern why.

My Setup
Android (Pixel 2) with full LTE connection USB tethered to a Surface Pro (Win10), via PDA net.
Once this connection is established, I activate the "WiFi Share" option in PDAnet and connect an Xbox One to the new wireless network that has been created.

Testing the connection on any one of the three devices reveals no issues; everything is solid.

If I attempt to play on Xbox live, it will allow me to do so without any incident for between 5-30 minutes...and then it boots me off saying I have no internet connection.

If I immediately check my connection via the Xbox settings, it says I am still connected. If I try to enter the game again, online, it allows me to do so...but only to kick me another 5-30 min later. So, let's call the connection disruption a hiccup or a reset perhaps? Whatever it is, it is very, very brief. My PC does not indicate any loss of connection (which PDAnet otherwise does do when it experiences one), so it seems the issue is between the Xbox and the Wifi Share function.

Again, this worked amazingly just recently, and with even weaker LTE or even 3G mobile connection. Windows has applied two small updates since that time, but their changelogs so not seem to reveal anything bout networking adapters. Sadly, I cannot system restore because I apparently hadn't activated it and therefore have no restore points.

All these devices are within a foot of each other or less.

Internet Sharing is active for the PDAnet network in Network Adapter Settings.

Solution
why use the usb connection? can't you simply hotspot from the phone and connect both the tablet and xbox to it that way?

this will take whatever windows is or isn't doing and take it out of the equation. seems the easiest answer to me anyway. you should be able to tether wirelessly without pdanet as well, unless you're using a plan that does not allow it. which is usually why folks use such software anyway

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
why use the usb connection? can't you simply hotspot from the phone and connect both the tablet and xbox to it that way?

this will take whatever windows is or isn't doing and take it out of the equation. seems the easiest answer to me anyway. you should be able to tether wirelessly without pdanet as well, unless you're using a plan that does not allow it. which is usually why folks use such software anyway

Solution