PDF files

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Im trying to print pdf file but nothing happens when it gets to print queue.
It freezes computer and have to restart. I notice a 91kb file becomes a
31.8mb file when it's in the print queue. How does this happen and could it
be the problem?
Help please!!
--
Raylen
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I've had experiences in which Adobe Reader would print gobbledy-beloved patriot. I
changed versions of Adobe Reader, and then it would print fine. You might
try either upgrading to the latest version of Adobe Reader (7.0.3?) or
downgrading to 6 or 5. All versions are available for free download at
www.adobe.com


--
--------------------------------------------------
Donny Broome
donny AT broomeman DOT com
Kill Spyware! Visit:
http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/
--------------------------------------------------


"Raylen" <Raylen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:691C5231-31B3-4C0C-AC5A-71CC7AE897FE@microsoft.com...
> Im trying to print pdf file but nothing happens when it gets to print
> queue.
> It freezes computer and have to restart. I notice a 91kb file becomes a
> 31.8mb file when it's in the print queue. How does this happen and could
> it
> be the problem?
> Help please!!
> --
> Raylen
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Thanks for that.
I had Adobe Reader 6 and thought upgrading might help. Now have Adobe
Reader 7 - still no change
--
Raylen


"Donny Broome" wrote:

> I've had experiences in which Adobe Reader would print gobbledy-beloved patriot. I
> changed versions of Adobe Reader, and then it would print fine. You might
> try either upgrading to the latest version of Adobe Reader (7.0.3?) or
> downgrading to 6 or 5. All versions are available for free download at
> www.adobe.com
>
>
> --
> --------------------------------------------------
> Donny Broome
> donny AT broomeman DOT com
> Kill Spyware! Visit:
> http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/
> --------------------------------------------------
>
>
> "Raylen" <Raylen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:691C5231-31B3-4C0C-AC5A-71CC7AE897FE@microsoft.com...
> > Im trying to print pdf file but nothing happens when it gets to print
> > queue.
> > It freezes computer and have to restart. I notice a 91kb file becomes a
> > 31.8mb file when it's in the print queue. How does this happen and could
> > it
> > be the problem?
> > Help please!!
> > --
> > Raylen
>
>
>
 

Gordon

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2004
1,114
0
19,280
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

"Raylen" <Raylen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A63D6CBC-6466-4BE6-AE99-9197A1B31439@microsoft.com
> Thanks for that.
> I had Adobe Reader 6 and thought upgrading might help. Now have Adobe
> Reader 7 - still no change
>

It may actually be your printer - I could print perfectly well in Acrobat 6,
upgraded to 7 and it crashed the computer when I tried to print, so went
back to 6 and all is well.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Thanks Gordon
I'm starting to think maybe it is the printer. Do you think it best to
uninstal it and start again?
I guess nothing is lost to try
--
Raylen


"Gordon" wrote:

> "Raylen" <Raylen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:A63D6CBC-6466-4BE6-AE99-9197A1B31439@microsoft.com
> > Thanks for that.
> > I had Adobe Reader 6 and thought upgrading might help. Now have Adobe
> > Reader 7 - still no change
> >
>
> It may actually be your printer - I could print perfectly well in Acrobat 6,
> upgraded to 7 and it crashed the computer when I tried to print, so went
> back to 6 and all is well.
>
>
>
 

Gordon

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2004
1,114
0
19,280
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

"Raylen" <Raylen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:68C7D4AB-70A4-48DC-93FF-A177D8CC89DD@microsoft.com
> Thanks Gordon
> I'm starting to think maybe it is the printer. Do you think it best
> to uninstal it and start again?
> I guess nothing is lost to try
>
>> "Raylen" <Raylen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:A63D6CBC-6466-4BE6-AE99-9197A1B31439@microsoft.com
>>> Thanks for that.
>>> I had Adobe Reader 6 and thought upgrading might help. Now have
>>> Adobe Reader 7 - still no change
>>>
>>
>> It may actually be your printer - I could print perfectly well in
>> Acrobat 6, upgraded to 7 and it crashed the computer when I tried to
>> print, so went back to 6 and all is well.

Go back to the version that works!
 

Similar threads


ASK THE COMMUNITY