Pease help me decide

trusnoop

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2001
I'm running voodoo 3 2000 PCI. on my P III 600 potato chip.

I'm soon to upgrade the videocard and have two choices:
3D Prophet II MX PCI 32 MB from Hercules priced at 230 CDN and ATI Radeon SDRAM 32 MB PCI priced at 150 CDN.

Now i need suggestion because i wanna know which one will do better in performance.
the Prophet MX has a 183 MHz clock while the ATI has 160MHz.

************ Is the Prophet MX basically a geforce MX slapped in the Prophet??? Or is it a better version of MX slapped in??? ***********

Also please tell me which one is better to overclock?

if you wanna check their features out they are on this page:
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/class.asp?logon=&langid=EN&affid=&dept=1&WLBS=004P1C2A&mscsid=GRKVKU9KW62S8KCR1UXPGPC0MJWW8AM2&catid=1070

thanks.

a lot.

G

Don't make your decision based on the mhz bullshit... that doesn't mean anything...

G

<<Is the Prophet MX basically a geforce MX slapped in the Prophet??? Or is it a better version of MX slapped in??>>

It's nothing more than the Hercules model of the GeForce MX. Same chipset and basically same specs as the other MX cards.

<<Now i need suggestion because i wanna know which one will do better in performance.
the Prophet MX has a 183 MHz clock while the ATI has 160MHz.>>

If you are considering an Radeon get the DDR version the SDR sux. Other than that the MX and DDR Radeon are pretty much on par. Some people like the MX others the Radeon, it's just a matter of choice.

G

I know Creative Labs does..not sure about other card makers.

G

Sorry I meant Creative makes a PCI verison of the MX card :). Only ATI makes the Radeon and according to their website they do have a PCI version of the card.

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Unlike the GeForce line of Cards, you will only see ATI chips on ATI cards. So a company like Creative cannot make their own version of the Radeon.

If you take a truth and follow it blindly, it will become a Falsehood and you a Fanatic.

trusnoop

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2001
thanks guys.

I checked at ATI and only Radeons with sdram are in PCI versions.

I guess i'll go with Radeon cause for one, it's 150 CDN, and secondly it's got video thing.

*******if you have anywebsite that has reviews or benchmarks for Radeon 32 MB PCI please let me know********

thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS