Pebble Kickstarter Backers Complain Over Best Buy Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stimpack

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
Starting to see a trend. I'm more pissed off that I was sent one of the Ouyas with a faulty faceplate on the controller and now after the issue has been fixed I'm left up a creek.

anything4this

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/09/ouya-launch-delayed-to-june-25-controller-defect-being-fixed/ That really sucks. Contact support see if they help (from what ive read, they are terrible :( )!

Also ya, this is getting bad... kickstarted will start getting a bad rep. They should have some sort of enforcement to satisfy their pledgers (is that even a word?). Kickstarter should maybe even intervene as they are getting paid 5% after all ($400000 on ouya?).

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Same with OUYA. Product developers already have backers money--there's no need to rush and appease them when they could manufacture units to sell in stores.

It just speaks to the professionalism of the product developer; donate your money wisely, and don't make Kickstarter out to be some storefront. It's merely a way to get funding for ideas, not sell products for money.

Stimpack

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013

lol, I did. I told them that I read that article and wanted to sort it out because I owned one of the defective controllers. This is the official response I got.

"Hi,

There are people who have reported this issue. Not everyone will experience this issue. Please advise.

Thank you,

Jim H.
OUYA"

audiophillia

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Kickstarter is not a storefront. You are there to help fund a product that might never come out. The product may never come out and you may not ever see that money again. its the risk of crowd funding.

Jerom

Honorable
May 15, 2012

I think that you are slightly mistaken. If you were to read Kickstarter terms of use it actually states and I quote

"Kickstarter does not offer refunds. A Project Creator is not required to grant a Backer’s request for a refund unless the Project Creator is unable or unwilling to fulfill the reward."

So yes. You pledge certain amount and the Project created is obliged to provide what they promised or a refund. Kickstarter is not a donation fund but a business proposal looking for financial backers.

EDIT: Added a link to Kickstarter terms of use
http://www.kickstarter.com/terms-of-use?ref=footer
Look at the Projects: Fundraising and Commerce
"Project Creators are required to fulfill all rewards of their successful fundraising campaigns or refund any Backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill."

Hence all of the complains and demands by the backers of the projects are justified and supported by the Kickstarter and are entitled to a full refund should they desire for it.

ttcboy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
1) Start the kickstarter project to attract backers
2) Take their money as initial investment to come out with the product
3) Sell it on the normal market to market at higher price and make tons of profit
4) Ignore these pesky backer's request as much as u can and if cannot, provide refund coz they already starting to make money
5) The company win because they get the capital to start their project FREE OF INTEREST RATES from u (compare to loaning from the bank, which is very hard to get and high interest rates).
6) The consumer loose because u let ur money sit in their pocket without getting anything, except anger and disappointment for not getting what was promised or defective products.

Way to go.......

I don't even want to go further into the inflation effects about how ur money depreciate over time even if u get back the refund.

Kickstarter should monitor and take proper action on these companies strictly coz after all, they get 5% of the total sum in the pocket and the last thing they want to get is the bad rep because of these kind of jerk companies.

G1laras

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
With 69k orders and no experience there's bound to be some issues. No excuse for lack of info though. Bad news are better than no news.

Cy-Kill

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I really think that anyone who backs something on Kickstarter should be considered an investor and get shares or money back on their investment(s) when a product takes off!

noware

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I had my Pebble when I they said I would. Sure there were delays up front but when they got on track everything from my end seemed fine. I have my black pebble and I like it so much I'm thinking of buying a white one. It is a good product for what it does. Sure it is not then end all be all of smart watches but for me it is perfect.

noware

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I had my Pebble when I they said I would. Sure there were delays up front but when they got on track everything from my end seemed fine. I have my black pebble and I like it so much I'm thinking of buying a white one. It is a good product for what it does. Sure it is not then end all be all of smart watches but for me it is perfect.

Still waiting for mine, but I did order white - the last color to be made. I noticed that white isn't set for stores yet.

I got it for the fairly ridiculous reason that I can change the watch face all I want. I don't have a smartphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.