Question Peculiar PC problem. [Not booting correctly] + Display problem.

DondoFX

Commendable
Apr 13, 2017
Hi,

Problem 1:

I've had a FX-6300 8 gb system before I changed to 16gigs 2400mhz Corsair, Ryzen 2600. For two months everything went ok, but I had a problem... because I changed motherboard, cpu and ram I had to revalidate my Windows, which was possible only when I reinstalled the old system to uninstall the licence key from the motherboard [I did it two months after the Ryzen setup was installed, the logo of activation did annoy me but not that much.] After succeeding with the uninstall of the licence key and then reinstalling the new system, I started having a weird problem. System would not boot normally.

Let me tell you what happens when I push the power button: system powers on for a split-second and then powers down. each time I push the power button same thing.

Let me tell you HOW i start my recent Ryzen setup: I power PSU off, press the power button for a few seconds, power on the PSU, system starts all by itself but no POST, no display, not even the perhiperals work [mouse and keyboard are backlit, nothing lights up], I shut down PSU, I wait for the power button led to turn off and THEN I power up PSU and push the power button and everything starts up normally. HOW THE HELL DID I FIND OUT THE SEQUENCE? I don't remember.

Anyway, I searched around here and other sites, everyone that had similar problems told that the motherboard was faulty and after change everything was ok. I contacted support and told them my mobo was faulty, they sent me another one free of charge in exchange of the old one in two days [praise Amazon] just to find out... The same shit happens with the new motherboard. I've tried changing back to the old setup to see if the problem persists, that concluding that the PSU was faulty, but everything worked seamless. I tried changing GPU... still the same problem. Tried RAM to see if its faulty, I got 2 sticks of 8GB, tried both in other slots, tried only one in each slot... problem persisted. I'm thinking CPU or PSU might be problematic, but I just can't figure the damn thing out. If the CPU would've been faulty the mobo should've given an error beep at POST and it shouldn't start after the starting up ritual that I have to do. if the PSU is faulty, why did it work seamless with the other system???

Problem 2:

I got a new Samsung 28" 4k Monitor, the cheapest one out there with 10bit color depth. not for gaming but for media production or other hobbies. I play all my games in FHD or 1440p. BUT, if I use 4K in games, or do an alt tab while in game or anything that uses 3D, it starts turning off and on. The interval between the turn-off-and-ons depends on what resolution I'm playing, better said, if it's more GPU intensive the cycles are more often, like every 2-3 seconds. I'm guessing that for this one is the display, because the other display [some Acer with 1280 x 1024] doesn't turn off. I'm trying to understand this too, why if it's more GPU intensive the monitor turns off? I have a RX 480 4 GB from XFX, to be clear.

Let me tell you my old rig and my new rig setup so you guys can make an image:

OLD RIG:

CPU: FX 6300, AMD
RAM: HyperX Savage 8GB [2x4] 1600Mhz
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-990X-Gaming SLI

NEW RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 2600, AMD
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16Go (2x8Go) DDR4 2400MHz C16 XMP 2.0 Kit
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-B450M-DS3H

For both setups I use these:
PSU: Seasonic S12II-620 80 Bronze
GPU: XFX RX 480 RS 4GB
Monitors: Samsung U28E590D and Acer V193W.

It's a big challenge for me, if there's someone that has met these problems and succeeded in resolving them, please tell me. I would love to hear from you!

DondoFX

Commendable
Apr 13, 2017
Changed PSU too. Same thing happens. I'm left with the CPU option. I'll contact support again, to see if I can get a CPU change. This is beginning to be annoying as f.

DondoFX

Commendable
Apr 13, 2017
It seems to be the CPU. Changed CPU and everything boots normal. Hope it stays like this and I hope this helps someone else who experiences the same problem. The monitor still does that thing though. Will look into it when I get the time.