Pen drive not showing in my computer

After inserting the pen drive check disk management in the control panel.

Make sure the USB port works by inserting something else. If not, check the bios and motherboard cables. Delete the entries in Device Manager and let Windows recreate them on reboot.

Sometimes the motherboard needs to be “rebooted” also because something can go wrong, i.e. all your USB ports suddenly stop working. The small microprocessor on the motherboard will reload the drivers and your USB ports should be back to recognizing all devices!

So first turn off your computer using Shut Down or pressing the power button and then UNPLUG it from the wall outlet. Let it sit for about a minute and then plug it back in.
Hope this helps someone fix that pesky “USB device not recognized” Windows error!

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/usb-device-not-recognized/

If windows detects the drive when you plug it in, but it doesn't show up in "my computer", you can try this.

At a command prompt (may need to run as administrator) type in:

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
start devmgmt.msc

Then you can use "Show Hidden Devices" in the Device Manager window and see what pops up. The main groups to target are going to be "Disk Drives", "Storage Volumes", and "USB Controllers".

I usually find them in the USB Controllers area. Anyhow, delete all entries like "mass storage device" or similar, then reboot. You should get the "new hardware device found" balloon popup when you insert the drive or any other device you just removed from the device manager.