Pentium 4 2.4

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

We shall never forget that the user of that PC is not the OP, but his neighbour's 8-year old kid. I'd stay away from overclocking a system that isn't mine unless the owner agrees to it and fully understands the risks.

sspazz34

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
Sorry I forgot to thank AKM as well. ClockGen from CPUID is not available right now. As far as SetFsb is concerned, I was just looking at it and it makes little sense to me but I am not well versed in this sort of thing. I see all of the numbers but get lost. Do you guys know of a good tutorial for SetFSB? I found one that is in Japanese, I think LOL! That would be nice to OC that much. If it burns it burns, the P4@2.4 is really cheap to replace. I found a few P4@3.06ghz CPU's for 80 DOLLARS! No way. I could get an Athlon X2 7850 BE for less.

sspazz34

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
Hey AKM880,

I actually found a rather easy to use application called CPUFSB. Its really nice but I am fairly certain that due to the mobo limitations it just wont push the CPU any further. No matter how little of an adjustment I make it just locks up the cpu. It's no big deal. From what I have been reading on Toms and other sites, that OC'ing the p4 2.4 Northwood is not as easy as others UNLESS you have a decent mobo, and this D845PEBT2 just doesn't have what it needs. Plus the very limited Phoenix bios doesn't help the matter. Oh well. It's old but it still runs rather well, figuratively speaking.

Thanks for your help anyway. Unless there is some other trick anyone has up thier sleeve's, we should just call it a day on this venture. Please feel free to PM me if there are anymore thoughts on this subject.