lasixxproduction

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
A few years back I customized my Pentium 4 HT and got a Nvidia GeForce FX 5100 for it and it was running like a champ :sol: but now seven years later the Nvidia Graphics Card is having problems keeping my screen on then it turns on an the screen looks like the First Nintendo graphics. Once shut off and turned on I get an internal error on the N4Display. Which graphics card would be a good replacement? I been looking on New Egg but since its practically a dinosaur now. It has a limited selection of 2 lol any ideas other than starting over? :lol:

Solution

There's no point in spending much money (over $50, in this case) on a graphics card for a computer that's seven years old. Pick up a FX5200 or no higher than a cheap GeForce 6200. Your...
Eeek its agp, a 4650/70 agp edition is the bis (best in slot) upgrade for any agp rig while 3850/3870 are the best performance wise but use around 85w and are getting rare. Going Nvidia at this point for agp will only result in poor performance vs the ATI solutions since Nvidia stopped making agp cards back in the geforce 7 days.

chedrz

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006

There's no point in spending much money (over $50, in this case) on a graphics card for a computer that's seven years old. Pick up a FX5200 or no higher than a cheap GeForce 6200. Your system is pretty weak these days, and likely won't be able to keep up with a graphics card that's much faster than that. There's no use at looking at some of ATI's faster AGP cards because your processor is way too slow.

Solution

lasixxproduction

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
Thanks guys that was a lot of help. I'm gonna go with that old FX 5200 GC and see how this computer drives. On a plus note, I am already aiming to build a new computer for my work office cause it needs to upgrade to Adobe masters 5 so no need to replace this old timer hahha but for sure I'm gonna get that card.