Pentium 4 of

Snowsniper2

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Hey guys I'm thinking of using some of my spare parts to throw together a 775 Pentium 4 over clocking machine
I have several Pentium 4s which one would be the best?
Pentium 4 3.00ghz
Pentium 4 3.20ghz
Pentium 4 2.80ghz
And also which sort of frequency ram will I need?
Yes I am new to overclocking but I have read a fair bit and i have learnt the basics to it
I will be running a fan setup and I have a few aftermarket coolers but I am not sure if they will be quite adequate so what is a cheap option for an aftermarket Pentium 4 cooler like under $40 as I want this to be a cheap build where I don't spend much on it.
Thanks guys
Just let me know if you need more information

Snowsniper2

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Ok man will do :D great to see some enthusiasm from some people I think I got some 800mhz ram kicking around somewhere should I use more or less ram? I know more will make the system perform better but I am just doing this as an experiment will less ram make it clock higher as it is needing less power for more?

Snowsniper2

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
I will be getting all the stuff together to do this I will try my current aftermarket cooler but I doubt it will keep up
Would a Pentium D cooler work as Pentium Ds run hotter then Pentium 4s

Zero_

Distinguished
1. Get 1 Pentium 4 CPU.
2. Download the little gem called Clockgen.
3. Find the PLL of your motherboard.
4. MAKE IT BURRRRRRRRRRRN!

I used to run my old P4 3.06 24/7 at 3.8GHz with stock cooler and stock voltage. Temps were sitting at around 60C IIRC.

Snowsniper2

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
XD I got a number of 3.2ghz pentium 4s so I'll try 5 ghz and if it fails well nvm XD I'll just go for another try with dif cooling and a dif processor I at least wana join the 4ghz club XD nothing under 4ghz will satisfy my needs XD