Pentium g2120 with GA-Z77X-UD5H

Giggitygoebbels

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
I am planning to build a new PC and have some problems here.pentium g2120 does not support PCIe 3.0.However,the motherboard stated above have this slots.I am not using any PCI cards anyway AFAIK.if this is the case,will my Mobo and Processor still *pass away* if I connect them and use them together?also please check If the combo is wrong like I choose the wrong PSU for the mobo or my mobo don't have EFI but I use too big hdd or something.i am still quite n00bish.
Basic specs: (many from eBay and I just copy the title)
The mobo and processor stated above.
Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Corsair XMS3 Classic 4GB Memory Module 1333MHz DDR3 DIMM CMX4GX3M1A1333C9(getting 2 sticks of these)

Foxconn TLA-397 ATX/MATX Midi Tower Case (Black/Silver) + 400W Power Supply

your build is messed up in a couple of ways

-if the motherboard costs more than the chip itself, you got a problem. get yourself a cheap motherboard like the asrock h77m
-also, if this in running intergrated graphics and you are doing gaming, id suggest move over to the AMD trinity platform and save yourself money
-do not get cheapo cases with included power supplies. they are nearly always crap

use a smaller hard drive such as a seagate barracuda 1tb 64mb. they sell for 69.99 at newegg

use this ram instead. cheaper and higher quality
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428

buying stuff from ebay is probably a big mistake. i wouldnt bother

Giggitygoebbels

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012

I need the 3tb hard drive(I take tons of space and the 500gb hdd is full within 2 months-I make lots of virtual machines running Linux).also I am in Singapore and newegg I think is not available here.also there is only 2 stores selling these stuff(processors and mobo),and only to big business,so it's not possible to get things locally either.Also if I still use this case,and change psu,is it ok?i can change the processor if necessary though(but still from eBay unless someone can tell me a better place to buy)

Giggitygoebbels

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012

I need the 3tb hard drive(I take tons of space and the 500gb hdd is full within 2 months-I make lots of virtual machines running Linux).also I am in Singapore and newegg I think is not available here.also there is only 2 stores selling these stuff(processors and mobo),and only to big business,so it's not possible to get things locally either.Also if I still use this case,and change psu,is it ok?i can change the processor if necessary though(but still from eBay unless someone can tell me a better place to buy)

Giggitygoebbels

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012

No. Apparantly you're trying to use a low budget power supply; get a name brand with lower wattage rather than a cheap unit that's rated higher. Antec rates it's power supplies correctly; the cheaper brands can fail under load. You don't need 500 watts of junk. Save some more $$ and use the 400w you have now; antec, corsair, seasonic, enermax and ocz are pretty good brands. Avoid the cheapo brands that don't even state their 12v rail ratings. This is what I use on my backup system with onboard video: http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/ANTEC-SP-350-SMART-350W-ATX-POWER-SUPPLY-/160907856724?pt=PCA_UPS&hash=item2576db0b54.

Giggitygoebbels

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012

I have been making VMs with core i3 540 :pt1cable: and it works quite well so I would rather not use too much money getting a very good one as its not really needed.(that's a gateway sx 2850)

Giggitygoebbels

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
The first 2 websites are out--the stores in sim lim square which if full of scams.(also in Wikipedia )the third only have 3 components in building a machine--the case,psu,and the HDD.
So is these ok?
Psu:
http://www.chamoxa.com/estore2/index.php/power-supplies/coolermaster-475w-extreme-power-2-v2-3-psu.html
Case:
http://www.chamoxa.com/estore2/index.php/computer-cases/coolermaster-elite-343-matx-casing-0750.html
HDD:
http://www.chamoxa.com/estore2/index.php/storage/western-digital-caviar-green-3tb.html
The mobo and RAM still need to get from eBAY(no choice)
I try get the processor somewhere else.

Yes to all three of your links. The cpu fan is similar to the Intel stock heatsink, so if you can get a retail box version of your cpu, it might actually save you money. Don't overclock with that cpu heatsink. It's not designed for it. That heatsink is actually a bad value; check for a better deal if you have time.