Pentium G3258 could be all you need for FC4,..

Vitric9

Distinguished
Just from playing an hour or two of actual gameplay. Not fiddling and crashing about... I did notice in the performance monitor that Far Cry 4 basically uses 2 cores. The other cores and threads have a little load on them but not above 25%. in any one at any time. Most are just idle. Just putting that out there is that is on the list of Games for people do a Gaming Build now.

Solution

The engine is basically broken. AC Unity isn't suffering from poor optimization, this is an engine problem that has been occurring in game after game. Ubisoft is a horrible company right now, and no games from them are worth purchasing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2k_HG2DCDw

mlga91

Admirable
Ubisoft did it again. The evil within does something similar, it puts all the load on one or two cores, and the others are barely used, welcome to the nextgen gaming. Have anyone done a performance analysis of assassins creed unity?

mlga91

Admirable

Thats falling low, even for ubisoft, force you to use a quad core when a dual core will suffice.

Another fine example of ubisoft's optimization.

Vitric9

Distinguished
Well Even Far Cry 3 has Optimization issues still, anyone who played a decent amount of Far Cry 3 with a Higher end CPU with good Multi-threaded Performance would testify that No matter what you tweak , NCP or AMD CCC, ini files...... there is Frame jutttering and hitching. Far Cry 4 is no exception in that department. a good tool is HWifno and RTSS to see in game CPU usages in very near real time (1000ms)
After reading that a Dual Core won't even launch the game I was a bit baffled. If it is only using 1 core at 100% and the rest maybe 30% in total then why would a Pentium G3258 overclocked to 4.4GHz or higher, That can run Crysis 3 on Very High and be playable, Check out Digital Foundry's Vid/review on that one or read the review here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-pentium-g3258-review.
This reminds me of That COD Ghosts 6GB of RAM requirement. Not entirely necessary IMPO. ..
Unrelated Food for thought.
These AAA Ports that are using more than 3GB of VRAM may be do to teh API on consoles and how Devs will make good use of the Jaguar APU and it's Unified Memory. a game could be coded to use the 6GB of Video/System Memory on the PS4 and maybe with some tweaks Games like the Evil within would use more DDR3 System memory instead of pre-caching half our Memory on out GPUs... Again that is another topic and I hope it get's better and not be the case where every AAA game will need a 6GB frame buffer.

Vitric9

Distinguished

I would not say Ubisoft is entirely at fault here. he Dunia 2 engine does not really run well on any PC. Direct X 11 does not do FC3 many favors, DX9 mode looks very similar on most of the 2 islands. There are very apparent issues with D3D11 and the main one being It's High Abstraction layer also a few other tings, not going to get in a rant... If DX12 ever gets used enough soon I am sure we will see a whole new Era of gaming. Same with Manlte. Maybe even Better for Manlte Games.

The engine is basically broken. AC Unity isn't suffering from poor optimization, this is an engine problem that has been occurring in game after game. Ubisoft is a horrible company right now, and no games from them are worth purchasing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2k_HG2DCDw

Solution

Bhavneet Pannu

Reputable
Sep 12, 2014
I own a Pentium g3258 and I can run AC with over 5 hours of fiddling with the code. 1st core - 100% 2nd core - 75%. If it gets too intense one of my Threads run about 10%. Ubisoft is really kidding me. A 5+ hour code could let them get more money.

sushantmax

Reputable
Oct 17, 2014

can ac unity perfectly run on g3258.