Pentium G4560 Good for Gaming while Recording and/or Streaming

Dapcmaster

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
I am looking at the Pentium G4560 for a new gaming bulid. With this bulid I am looking at playing FPS games and Minecraft/Roblox and brouser games while recording/streaming them.Looking to see if its possible to play these games getting NO lag spikes at max settings while recording these games at 1080p/1440p/4K at 60fps.

simple answer, NO. As Kanewolf has pointed out, that CPU is just too weak to do all the the things you are looking to do. Even a decent 4 core CPU will have a little trouble with streaming, and playing at the res' you've mentioned. You would need a Ryzen5/7 or an I7 4c/8t cpu like a 7700/k.

Recording is more dependant on GPU & hard drive.
Both amd & nvidia cards have inbuilt hardware recording that barely affect fps.

Streaming though ?? No that's heavily cpu dependant

Even a real quad core has its work cut out live streaming.

simple answer, NO. As Kanewolf has pointed out, that CPU is just too weak to do all the the things you are looking to do. Even a decent 4 core CPU will have a little trouble with streaming, and playing at the res' you've mentioned. You would need a Ryzen5/7 or an I7 4c/8t cpu like a 7700/k.

Sakkura

Illustrious
Streaming doesn't have to be that CPU-dependent, as you can use GPU accelerated encoding. But in this day and age I still wouldn't want to be jumping on a dual core. Especially if you want to be assured of smooth performance at all times.

Dapcmaster

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
Well will it handle what I put in the post above?

A Ryzen 1800 would allow you to do all of those things. As would a Ryzen 1600/x. Save a few quid and add it to another piece of hardware that might be nicer.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS