Discussion Pentium G4600 for 4K Gaming?

Do you think a Pentium G4600 will allow 90-99% GPU utilization in 4K with an RX 580 8GB or GTX 1070 for various game titles including some old and some new, just as a secondary system from spare parts? I'm putting the system together now, so I suppose I will find out later this evening or tomorrow.

Games like The Division, The Witcher 3, and GTAV.

I'm stuck with a Pentium G4560, G4600, and Celeron G3900 along with a Z270 mobo and 8GB RAM from previous mining rigs along with an RX 580 8GB Nitro+ and GTX 1070 SC. I have a 4K monitor but I also have a 1080p 144Hz monitor. I'd like to setup a system just for kicks. I'm willing to buy more parts, but I hate that the i5 and i7 are still expensive. Maybe a used i5-6500 or something would help.

I'm just looking for comments or suggestions.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
You should be able to hit that target though I can't say how good the frame rate will be all the same with such a light weight CPU weak GPU (for 4K). I would expect some stutters, frame drops etc...but I'd do it just for fun myself if I had the spare parts. LMk how it goes!!!!

Reactions: MrN1ce9uy
Seems to do okay. GPU usage stays at 99% for the most part at 4K low settings in The Witcher 3. I've got it recorded if anyone wants to check it out. I'll test my GTX 1080 Ti later.

For some reason there seems to be a huge amount of input lag and can be seen when moving the camera with the mouse in the video. It looks choppy and was the same way in the game not just the video. It could be my cheap 4K monitor. I'll be looking in to that.

Last edited: