Pentium G630, what card should I buy?

Plostar

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
I'm looking to buy a GTX 1050 but I don't know if it'll bottleneck with my Pentium G630 Processor.
That's the most I can spend on a card BTW (100$). So if I any of you can guide me, please I will appreciate.

Solution
That's a dual core, and not a particularly fast one either. So games that work best on quad core won't run all that well. You don't mention how much system ram you have, 4gb would be the minimum you need. A 1050 would be a good match since it will give you good performance in games that run well on your CPU, and it's around your budget.

I would look at the 2gb RX 460 if your motherboard does not have a UEFI bios. It sometimes happens that the new Nvidia cards work best with that kind of bios. In that case, an AMD card would be less of a risk.

You don't mention what games you play or what kind of power supply you have, or what resolution you run, so I can't really advise more.
That's a dual core, and not a particularly fast one either. So games that work best on quad core won't run all that well. You don't mention how much system ram you have, 4gb would be the minimum you need. A 1050 would be a good match since it will give you good performance in games that run well on your CPU, and it's around your budget.

I would look at the 2gb RX 460 if your motherboard does not have a UEFI bios. It sometimes happens that the new Nvidia cards work best with that kind of bios. In that case, an AMD card would be less of a risk.

You don't mention what games you play or what kind of power supply you have, or what resolution you run, so I can't really advise more.

Solution