Question Pentium with integrated graphics has split screen...

Sep 29, 2020
I have an HP allinone with a Pentium processor and integrated GPU. Chipset is H87. As soon as the screen comes on , it is split in two horizontally. BIOS screen, Windows, Linux, it's all double on the screen. Nothing in the BIOS to address this. Could it be a bad CPU/GPU? Anyone ever see this??

Sep 29, 2020
The problem here is the fact that it's a Pentium with an IGPU. That's extremely old, and might just need to be replaced at this point.
Sources say the machine was produced in 2014. Not old by my standards. I think it might be the CPU/GPU and have ordered a replacement. Gonna try that but was just wondering if anyone else ever had this situation. Although just throwing money at a problem to make it go away works most of the time, it certainly lacks imagination. Other than the split screen with high graphic ability, it works fine. Hope it's the CPU/GPU bad unit.

I have an HP allinone with a Pentium processor and integrated GPU. Chipset is H87. As soon as the screen comes on , it is split in two horizontally. BIOS screen, Windows, Linux, it's all double on the screen. Nothing in the BIOS to address this. Could it be a bad CPU/GPU? Anyone ever see this??

Did you try another video cable or another video connection? Split screens like that are usually a wiring issue or an incompatible video card was used. Nothing happened to the system before the issue started? Just turned it on day and this happened?

Sep 29, 2020
It's an allinone so the video card is integrated with the CPU. I've ordered another CPU to see if that fixes the problem. I was hoping someone else would have had this problem so they could verify. If anyone has seen this, I'd appreciate ya'll droppin' me a line. When I do find the problem I'll post it here.