People Can Either Join or Not Join My Dedicated Servers with Correct Portforward, help please

Zyperspace

Reputable
Oct 25, 2016
It's the same across multiple games/services whatsoever:
When I run my server, it appears to be random whether or not my friends can join or not. Sometimes when select individuals try to join for an extended period of time, the success rate varies, but ultimately not a single one has been able to connect 100% of the time.

I've looked around for a little bit and not found anyone with the same problem as myself. My internet also seems to randomly cut out once every day for a few seconds, continuing as nothing happened. I've talked dozens of times with my ISP and they seem clueless and keep throwing new connections and routers at me, but nothing seems to fix it.

I have port forwarded numerous of times and at this point knows exactly what kind of settings to use in order for it to work properly, but at this point, the issue still keeps coming. People can join or cannot join at random, which honestly drives me mad.

Solution
From analysis provided, I say CONGESTION. When you are running a server upload is just as important as download, but I've been told server gaming doesn't take that much bandwidth... I don't game. Congestions can be alleviated by limiting active connections via a tool like QOS.

If u still suspect ISP is at fault, stop your server for a few days, and download a tool from dslreports.com that will monitor your connection for the few days, and it will give you a report at the end when it fail and how long.

Then there is the possibility that some punks are DOS'ing you.
From analysis provided, I say CONGESTION. When you are running a server upload is just as important as download, but I've been told server gaming doesn't take that much bandwidth... I don't game. Congestions can be alleviated by limiting active connections via a tool like QOS.

If u still suspect ISP is at fault, stop your server for a few days, and download a tool from dslreports.com that will monitor your connection for the few days, and it will give you a report at the end when it fail and how long.

Then there is the possibility that some punks are DOS'ing you.

Solution