People Happier Than Ever With New Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
Windows Vista's problems existed, but much of it was over hyped and over exaggerated... All it takes is bunch of people at intelligence level of a Mac user to hear a rumor and then he/she will react religiously without further inquiry to believe the rumor.

AMW1011

Distinguished
The only reason someone buys a Mac is because it suites their professional needs or they are one of those people who buy into the marketing and the perceived elitism of Apple products. The former is going to be happy because he bought it specifically for one of its strengths that he knew about going in, and is likely pretty well informed. The latter wasn't thinking objectively to begin with.

Anyway, with all the sh*ty budget PCs out there, I think a 77% satisfaction rate is extremely commendable.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Let Mac people be happy with crap products. They're happier than non-Mac people who always complain about getting too little & paying too much. But don't get this wrong, because if Mac people ever get an iPhone 4G that actually works, it's because of all the non-Mac people who like to point out everything a Mac can't do.

kageryu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
Man. I remember, I was so happy when I bought a ****** Dell that was being phased out in favor of the new Core 2 Duo comps. I was so...uneducated...5 years ago. Now, I've build my own computer and I'm happy as hell. I feel sad whenever I see someone with a Dell/Alienware/HP/Acer Desktop. At the same time, I laugh at the people who bought a Mac desktop. (b^_^)b

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
[citation][nom]mojo1973[/nom]Aren't you better off talking about something that you own vs something that you don't? You know nothing about Macs. You haters are living in a reality distortion environment where surveys and reviews don't matter. The only thing that matters is your opinion. Way to go!! Now watch me get voted down. Hate wins.[/citation]

But I know people who own Macs, I can even use them myself! It's not them I dislike, it's the way they think. But they pay for their Mac products themselves, even if I give an iPod as a present, it's because they wouldn't use it if it wasn't. But their logic isn't logic, it's a woman with a gucci bag, an iPhone in it, & Sex & The City as the only thing there is to talk about, if talk is required.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Apple has figured out a long time ago what makes customers happy.
Hardware, operating system, drivers and service from the same company just makes for a complete package. Couple that to great industrial design and attention to detail and you have a very satisfying computer even if it doesn't come cheap.

Trashit

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
I think in the case of Mac users its a matter of ignorance is bliss, or put another way...not much can go wrong if all you do is check your email and update your facebook.

When you pay $2000 for a Mac, you better be happy or you've realized you've been overcharged for something that really costs half the price.

If you buy an expensive glass of wine from a $500 bottle, you're going to say it tastes classy and elegant compared to a cheap wine from a $10 bottle...even if in reality the two wines were actually from the same damn bottle.

Self-fulfilling prophecy in psychology.

[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]Apple has figured out a long time ago what makes customers happy.Hardware, operating system, drivers and service from the same company just makes for a complete package. Couple that to great industrial design and attention to detail and you have a very satisfying computer even if it doesn't come cheap.[/citation]

Uhhh, the only thing Apple makes is make the computer case and the operating system. The hardware is made by companies like Intel, AMD, Asus, Evga, Gigabyte, Seagate, etc. Drivers also comes from those companies.

ruffopurititiwang

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
PC users are more critical of their computers and gadgets. If it sucks, they're not going to go out of their way to defend it. They are going to complain!

Mac users, on the other hand, think an Apple product is good because it's shiny and made by Apple and their Messiah, Steve Jobs, said it's the best thing ever!

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
[citation][nom]Trashit[/nom]I think in the case of Mac users its a matter of ignorance is bliss, or put another way...not much can go wrong if all you do is check your email and update your facebook.[/citation]

Ignorance is Bliss, but are they really happy, or just keeping up appearances & afraid to complain? An eating disorder usually come from not being able to be yourself & always afraid to tell people how you really feel. But if Mac people prefer to blindly support & be like everyone else because being different is taboo, it's okay for me to let them pretend to be happy, even though they're not, & getting mad at me every time I touch a nerve that hurts because it's true that yesmen only go with the flow never daring to go against it.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]liveonc[/nom]Ignorance is Bliss, but are they really happy, or just keeping up appearances and afraid to complain?[/citation]

You could ask the same question of PC owners. Maybe they aren't really happy either. I don't know why some people can't get their head around the concept of personal preferences that are different to their own. It's hypocritical to call Mac users arrogant if you can't comprehend this. Some people buy luxury items because they like luxury items and they can afford them. Some people hardly use computers and a crappy OEM thing for $600 will suffice. Not everyone plays Crysis. Not everyone wants to overclock. Not everyone likes Windows (I know, shocking).

I like the look and feel of Mac laptops, but I'd never buy one. I'm a cheapass and OSX is not the right tool for the things I use a computer for. Sadly, most people, even enthusiasts, don't know if they are using the right tool for the job. They just use what they've always used.

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
[citation][nom]Bluescreendeath[/nom]Uhhh, the only thing Apple makes is make the computer case and the operating system. The hardware is made by companies like Intel, AMD, Asus, Evga, Gigabyte, Seagate, etc. Drivers also comes from those companies.[/citation]

they don't even make their own OS, it's a tweaked out UNIX OS. soo... really MAC's are the equivalent to gucci or LV, it's a fashion statement, a status symbol. a hyundai genesis is better than a 3 series BMW but no one buys BMW because they are the best, it is because of status. MAC users are the same crop that buy "porche" boxter's and cayenne's.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]You could ask the same question of PC owners. Maybe they aren't really happy either. I don't know why some people can't get their head around the concept of personal preferences that are different to their own. It's hypocritical to call Mac users arrogant if you can't comprehend this. Some people buy luxury items because they like luxury items and they can afford them. Some people hardly use computers and a crappy OEM thing for $600 will suffice. Not everyone plays Crysis. Not everyone wants to overclock. Not everyone likes Windows (I know, shocking).I like the look and feel of mac laptops, but I'd never buy one. I'm a cheapass.[/citation]

I guess that's why I use a Lenovo ThinkPad, because I'm a cheapass who couldn't get it cheaper! Maybe it "might" have had "something" to do with build quality, as Lenovo is SO "not into branding" & OCing a Lenovo is why people buy a Thinkpad.

That now I've got a mini-PCIe slot that's empty, but chose instead of hacking my BIOS or buying an overpriced 3G card, I choose to use mifi & wait for a 4G card, is a Human who made a mistake & doesn't feel like making the same one ASAP.

But please do feel that way about Mac-quality, & consider everything non Mac as a being vagabond cheapsters who are too poor to care about build, quality, & fashion.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]liveonc[/nom]I guess that's why I use a Lenovo ThinkPad, because I'm a cheapass who couldn't get it cheaper! Maybe it "might" have had "something" to do with build quality, as Lenovo is SO "not into branding" & OCing a Lenovo is why people buy a Thinkpad.That now I've got a mini-PCIe slot that's empty, but chose instead of hacking my BIOS or buying an overpriced 3G card, I choose to use mifi & wait for a 4G card, is a Human who made a mistake & doesn't feel like making the same one ASAP.But please do feel that way about Mac-quality, & consider everything non Mac as a being vagabond cheapsters who are too poor to care about build, quality, & fashion.[/citation]

Case in point:

[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]I don't know why some people can't get their head around the concept of personal preferences that are different to their own. It's hypocritical to call Mac users arrogant if you can't comprehend this.[/citation]

Fanboys from all sides make me sick. I prefer not to subscribe to OS religions.

G

Don't rag on apple. The Apple II is still my favorite computer!!!

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]Case in point:[/citation]

Case in point is that I didn't call them arrogant, I called them stupid. It's not just branding, but having everything Mac & not having other choices because it's not cool to have them, even though they are possible & that's the shackles they paid for because others have them too.

My school changed their Macs, now you have the option of running windows 7 on them. I actually use those macs now, its pretty sweet. Well, the monitors are nice but I still hate the crappy mice and keyboards-UGH!

At least I can work on the damn things now.

rocky1234

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]Windows Vista's problems existed, but much of it was over hyped and over exaggerated... All it takes is bunch of people at intelligence level of a Mac user to hear a rumor and then he/she will react religiously without further inquiry to believe the rumor.[/citation]

I know what your saying. I work as a tech & have heard so many things come out of peoples mouths over the years. A lot of peop0le said to me oh I hate Windows Vista it is a crappy OS. I asked every one of them the same question why is it crap & have you ever even used it. Most didnt know why they hated it except that they heard on the Tv or web that it was crappy so they formed an opinion about something they never even tried before. Other would say my buddy has it & he/she said it sucked & others just went oh I don't know I just hate it Windows XP forever. lol

I don't mind Vista I have it on one of my laptops yes I could put Windows 7 on it but the thing just runs so well I figure why bother if it runs that good why fix something that ain't broke. I have Windows 7 on everything else I own even my crappy little netbook it actually runs better that it is now on 7 & not XP.

luke904

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
its not the macintosh operating system that annoys me... its paying 2500 dollars for 1000 dollars of last years hardware.

apple is making huge profits on the hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS