[SOLVED] People Hear Beeps When Talking to Me Online

BMOR3119

Reputable
Mar 29, 2017
I'm not sure if this issue is a network issue but I didn't know what category it technically fits in.

I am having an issue where whenever I am talking to someone online they say that they hear a beep sound periodically. I cannot hear this beep, it doesn't seem to matter what program or device I am using. People have claimed to hear the beep when I have played games on Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PC, Discord, and Skype, even if I use Discord or Skype on my phone.

I figured it may have been caused by my internet service provider(Verizon) but I have concluded isn't the cause because I have recently switched to Xfinity for internet and the beep can still be heard.

I have used various different headsets and earphones while I've had this issue and the "beep" persists.

Has anybody heard of something like this?

Solution
I have Xfinity service and we hear beeps in the handset when there is another incoming call. However, when Zooming, or Facetiming no one has mentioned hearing beeps on our end.

What make and model modem and router are you using?

What telephone set are you using: E.g. a base station with 2, 3, or 4 remote wireless handsets?

I would set up a gaming/discord session with someone who has previously heard the beep(s).

Then after hearing a beep or two, unplug the base station. Determine if the beeps stop. Hopefully the beeps are frequent enough to make a quick determination.

If so, plug in the base station again. If the beeps reoccur then power off each remote handset one by to determine if the beeps end with one particular...

Ralston18

Titan
I have Xfinity service and we hear beeps in the handset when there is another incoming call. However, when Zooming, or Facetiming no one has mentioned hearing beeps on our end.

What telephone set are you using: E.g. a base station with 2, 3, or 4 remote wireless handsets?

I would set up a gaming/discord session with someone who has previously heard the beep(s).

Then after hearing a beep or two, unplug the base station. Determine if the beeps stop. Hopefully the beeps are frequent enough to make a quick determination.

If so, plug in the base station again. If the beeps reoccur then power off each remote handset one by to determine if the beeps end with one particular handset being taken out of service.

Solution

BMOR3119

Reputable
Mar 29, 2017

If so, plug in the base station again. If the beeps reoccur then power off each remote handset one by to determine if the beeps end with one particular handset being taken out of service.

I believe we have the xFi Advanced Gateway. As far as our telephone set, we have a base station with 3 wireless handsets. But I'll try what you suggested, thanks.