People Mistake Opera Browser for Oprah Winfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of the story about one of the MLB's best pitchers, Mel Faimey, who years ago was pitching a perfect game until the 9th inning, when he came out and proceeded to walk 6 batters in a row and thus lose the game.

Afterwards, the opposing team passed by the bullpen on the way to the locker room when one of them spotted a large number of empty beer cans.

"Look everybody - this must be the beer than made Mel Faimey walk us"!

:D :D

superman21

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
[citation][nom]fazers_on_stun[/nom]Reminds me of the story about one of the MLB's best pitchers, Mel Faimey, who years ago was pitching a perfect game until the 9th inning, when he came out and proceeded to walk 6 batters in a row and thus lose the game.Afterwards, the opposing team passed by the bullpen on the way to the locker room when one of them spotted a large number of empty beer cans."Look everybody - this must be the beer than made Mel Faimey walk us"![/citation]
I see what you did there.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]thrasher32[/nom]LMAOThis is why we shouldn't cut funding for education...[/citation]
i agree...how can someone confuse OPERA with OPRAH...stupidity all over the world, lol

G

the reply to the first letter was pure awesomeness, facial hair, donuts, hair battle.....

gives the organization a human touch, and really you can't hate an organization who's employees possess a genius sense of humor, opera's brand value just in creased in my eyes

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
[citation][nom]thrasher32[/nom]LMAOThis is why we shouldn't cut funding for education...[/citation]
Yes more money for the Democrats through the teachers unions, that will fix it. The USA spends more per child than any country. It's not about pumping more money to be laundered by the Unions for the Demorat party. It's about discipline, saying the pledge of allegiance and yes, praying if you wish. Disband all public sector unions and fire any hack that does not do their job in a satisfactory manner.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]ReggieRay[/nom]Yes more money for the Democrats through the teachers unions, that will fix it. The USA spends more per child than any country. It's not about pumping more money to be laundered by the Unions for the Demorat party. It's about discipline, saying the pledge of allegiance and yes, praying if you wish. Disband all public sector unions and fire any hack that does not do their job in a satisfactory manner.[/citation]

They tried that in DC and they ended up forcing the one person who was making change out the door. Now DC has a mayor that looks like a drug dealer and I won't be surprised when they catch him in the act of doing something illegal.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]ReggieRay[/nom]Yes more money for the Democrats through the teachers unions, that will fix it. The USA spends more per child than any country. It's not about pumping more money to be laundered by the Unions for the Demorat party. It's about discipline, saying the pledge of allegiance and yes, praying if you wish. Disband all public sector unions and fire any hack that does not do their job in a satisfactory manner.[/citation]
I'm assuming you're Republican and a Bush lover, in which case I don't know how you're making the correlation between Democrats and education. Sounds like education didn't help you much, and you're just a typical ignorant, blind follower of a political party. So I knew your claim that the U.S. spends more per child than any country was BS, and I looked it up myself. The U.S. is ranked #4, close to #3. Denmark is #1. You also must not know that George W. Bush was the Education President and passed No Child Left Behind among other programs. Go watch some more FOX News and believe whatever they tell you.

soccerdocks

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
The fact that a 9 year old girl has a cell phone disturbs me the most. The parents who refuse to teach their children hard work through discipline (rather than spoiling them with a cell phone) are what is wrong with this country.

djridonkulus

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
8 Years of Bush and 17 yr olds think Opera is pronounced Oprah.

On a non-troll note, I haven't seen genius humour like that since the Portal Games. Props to Opera!

pythonic13

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
That is pretty funny, I am not going to lie and I am not surprised that people made this mistake lots of idiots out there, I just like how Opera handled it haha

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I do love how they respond to the emails and with a sense of humor.

I agree with you to some degree. It's certainly not all about funding when it comes to quality public education and to be quite honest both major parties feel that throwing money at problems is the fix to the problem. Though under no circumstance should we ever under fund our education system.

But everything else you say is just a load of you know what.
Unions ensure fair pay and workers rights. There was a time in America
without unions this brought poor and unsafe work conditions, lower than fair pay, and even physical abuse upon workers (in some cases even causing fatalities). When the unions started it created worker rights it stopped those things listed above and gave a part of the playing field to the workers. This is also what gave birth to the American middle class.

As for the "discipline" you speak of I am assuming you mean bring back
hitting children in school? So you want teachers to be underpaid, without the benefits they deserve being a hugely important person in our society (All educators are) but you want to enable them to be able to and actually abuse children? No way in hell am I letting anyone lay a hand on my son.

As for saying the pledge I am sure this is still done in schools and this has no effect to a child's behavior. I don't see your point here.
As for the prayer part I am glad to see you do not believe such should be mandatory. But saying this is also nonsensical. Anyone can pray at school if they so wish, there is no ban on prayer itself only mandatory prayer which you clearly do not support.

The issues that our educational system has today would not and could never be fixed by the ideas you bring to the table. I can't help but laugh you think such would solve any problem let alone our educational system's.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]I'm assuming you're Republican and a Bush lover, in which case I don't know how you're making the correlation between Democrats and education. Sounds like education didn't help you much, and you're just a typical ignorant, blind follower of a political party. So I knew your claim that the U.S. spends more per child than any country was BS, and I looked it up myself. The U.S. is ranked #4, close to #3. Denmark is #1. You also must not know that George W. Bush was the Education President and passed No Child Left Behind among other programs. Go watch some more FOX News and believe whatever they tell you.[/citation]
I stand corrected #4 and I assume you are a liberal/Marxist Obama lover so go watch some more CNN?MSNBC propaganda and I do have a college degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS