Question People "teleporting" even with high internet connexion and great PC Specs

May 15, 2022
Hi everyone,
Recently I was playing rainbow six with my girlfriend and she told me that people were Always teleporting in every games. She told me that she was "used to it" but it was still annoying. When I played on her computer to check what was happening I saw that in fact, people were teleporting like they would if she had like 500ping.

But, the problem isn't the connection, I tried to share my 5g connection with her laptop she still had 10ping but the problem staid. We have the same computer, an Asus Rog Stryx with an RTX 3070 and an AMD Ryzen 7 5000series and I have no problems. So the issue doesn't come from Bad performance either.

I thought about driver issue so I updated her graphic and connection drivers in vain.
The issue happens only when playing online since when I tried to play against bots there was no problems.

And she doesn't have any networking issue when not gaming so I don't think the problem is related to the network card.

I really have no other Idea to fix it,
Thank you for your help,
Louis Veran

May 15, 2022
okay, that laptop is using mediatek mt7921 wifi module, google search did found something related to latency spikes (your teleporting)
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLaptops/comments/ro7830/mediatek_mt7921_asus_rog_strix_g17_g713qrwifi_6/
Hi again,
So, I've tried what you sent me. I followed the steps and uninstalled nework devices drivers to install them again.
I hoped it would work but infortunately it didn't change anything :/
I think this issue is pretty strange. Could it be hardware related?