people with GF3 go nuts over 20.80 drivers!

G

People at www.madonion.com (especially the ones who have GeForce3 cards) go nuts over NVIDIA's 20.80 drivers that should give 20% boost for GH3 users and like 5%-10% boost or Geforece2 users. I think those %s are like 3-5 more frames and people pleed for them....NVIDIA jokes!!
You can go to www.nvidia.com website and inder Win2000 drivers it says 20.80 but it's a link to 12.41! so there is something strange going on.....

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
The release date is Monday, tomorrow, not today Sunday. Hence the probably made an error, but everything should be fine tomorrow. There website has been working and not working today.

When I rule the world, Apple will only mean the fruit.

Galvin

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I hope the drivers do more than just boost performance but fix some problems, like hardware cursor problems that I've seen with win2k and XP. Occasionally when passing the mouse over things that make the mouse change from one icon to another, like a pointer to carret, the cursor will jump for a split second, looking like two cursors it will move real fast 1/4 of an inch and snap back.

Instability with the driver crashing every so often in Diablo ii. The 3D was so unstable with Diablo II:LOD I had to use the graphic test program that comes with the game to tell it to use Ddraw and not D3D for the game.

The error was the game would give an exception error, no big deal you could just start the game. Well if you have the game using 3D for 2D graphics. When this happened, and you tried to restart the game, the OS would BSOD and you would have to reboot. This was happening like several times an hour. Now when I switched D2:LOD into 2D mode, and get an excpetion error, I could restart with no BSOD.

So the drivers do have problems beyond FPS. Stability should come first then FPS after with more features of course. I hope these new drivers fix these problems.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
illl believe that when i see it.

i still remember last time nvidia released the detonator 3's and claimed "up to 50% speed increase". i saw about a 15% decrease with my tnt2.

I'll respect your comments & opinions, even if i disagree with them, Provided you display maturity.

G

"i still remember last time nvidia released the detonator 3's and claimed "up to 50% speed increase". i saw about a 15% decrease with my tnt2."

They only said for geforce line of products.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I downloaded it last night...yeup, still there.

And yes, it gives a performance boost.

<font color=green>In memory of those who died, simply because they lived in America.
Rest in peace.</font color=green>

IronManRR

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2001
Hercule Prophet 3.
Never had any problems with new drivers under win98SE or win2k

The Bodybuilder computer Geek!!
It is better to die on ur feet then lives on ur knees.

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
VisionTek GF3. And the new release is not the same that Tom Pabst had to play with; it's the 21.81's.

Toejam31

<font color=purple>My Rig:</font color=purple> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847</A>

RocKo

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001
YO! Suppp wusy!

"I left a track of posts, and lost track of time..." <font color=red><b>-RocKo</b></font color=red> :cool:

RocKo

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001
FatBurger ? who dis?
some kid who wants a new title?
augh not this [-peep-] again lol....

"I left a track of posts, and lost track of time..." <font color=red><b>-RocKo</b></font color=red> :cool: