Per core overclocking discussion and maybe a guide?

We now have per core oc in both z370 and X470. How does this benefit overclockers?

I knows that even if 1 core is running at a higher speed(if set manually) u have to set processor affinity in task manager to actually make use of ur per core higher oc.

Why I am asking this is, is it possible to always have a single core in say a 2700X to run at 4.3ghz? And the others at a lower frequency? is this per core high oc easily attainable and stable? Even with a mid range cooling solution like the cryorig h5 or Scythe Mugen 5 at lower vcore? Has any experts made use of this and attained higher fps in games while keeping Temps lower (or in this case lower that ur stock settings Temps)

A little info on why I need clarity in this topic :

I have build a 6600k system and a 1600 system for my friends and I myself still have an aging old hp Phoenix workstation in which I upgraded the gpu once long back(which is with my dad in another city) . Using my gtx 970m laptop now as the daily driver. But all that is about to change since I finished college and started working. Saving up now to build a living room pc which can also game. This will obviously take atleast a year.
Building my own #battle station, joining the #pc master race

I just initiated this, hoping that some mod or expert will create a new discussion thread for the latest oc adventures :p

R7 2700x and Ryzen Master program show which particular core runs best (Gold star above it) so one can know to which core to OC most. It's always like that, one core can always be better than others so only OC on all (active) cores would produce best results. It's also possible to run on half cores so they could be OCed even more. I personally didn't see any perceivable performance boost using it like that. OC-ed on all cores to 4.2 GHz and it flies everywhere.

^ thanks for sharing ur experience. U say 4.2ghz is a the highest all core oc. So what oc did you reach with ur gold core? An maybe even both gold and silver? I play dota 2 for most of the time with discord and 1 or 2 apps for game info monitoring.

Like I said in my post, I want a living room/gaming experience and so definitely a 120/144hz large format display. For dota 2 it won't be a problem. But I also like openworld games like elder scrolls and Witcher franchise and they are more intensive than dota. So pushing all that fps a single core 4.3ghz won't be enough. But going all core will give me less hz. So that's what got me to thinking on per core oc. Maybe 2 cores or 1 ccx alone at 4.3ghz or even 4.35? Seen any such benches? (yes, currently leaning towards AMD. My 6600k friend got a rx470 with an LG 75hz 1080p freesync and my 1600 friend got an rx580 with 21:9 75hz freesync, both loved it and I was very happy to suggest it)

Also, how stable was ur oc on golden core and with what vcore? Compared to ur all core vcore voltage? Load line calibration level? Temp spikes?

This was why I was looking for a more of a guide/tutorial about per core oc.

For Gold core 4.3 was best I could do but due to inability of programs to choose which core to run on it doesn't make any difference considering all cores are at 4.225GHz constant OC. I also don't have a good enough GPU for this processor to make any difference, any games I can and do play on it can't make CPU work with more that 10 -15% of usage. Some 1080Ti can make it work harder but games that need it are not single core friendly anyway.
Compare it with i7 8700K + 1080, 15% better IPC and only few FPS more at max FPS.

doubt i would be going for all-out 700k 1080ti combo, thinking more like a 2600X successor and a vega 56 successor in a 34" 1440p 21:9 monitor. lets see.

again, thanks for the info, will ask my friend to check with 1600 ccx oc and see if he has any luck with higher oc and setting processor affinity. he also has a current oc of 3.85 on all cores. but yes, he is using the stock cooler and where i live, dust is a major problem. so having better oc requires better cooling and cleaning :p