Question $ per FPS hypothetical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Hugo

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2013
Suppose that the function f(x) = (x+2000)^2/10000 modeled how much you would need to spend ({x | x = USD}) on a system to achieve a corresponding frame rate (f(x)) in any, and all, DX10 titles. Common FPS prices: ($450 = 60FPS, $1000 = 90FPS, $1500 = 120FPS, $1800 = 144FPS, $3000 = 240FPS)

How much would you spend on a system for yourself?

What would you recommend as being the best price to performance to your non-enthusiast friends and family?

USAFRet

Titan
Impossible to model out.

A particular CPU/GPU/RAM combination might get XX FPS in Game A, and YY FPS in Game B.
And then we fold in all the other uses of a PC...

Building a PC, you start with a budget, and build the best system you can within that budget.
Not the other way around.

Reactions: COLGeek

USAFRet

Titan
This thread has "a response".
Actually, 3 of them now. Mine, yours, this one.

Other people are free to read and jump in and comment if wanted.

Unless you were looking for the One And Only One full answer, to be the only thing.
I'm sorry if my comment does not meet your needs or expectations.

Bruce Hugo

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2013
This thread has "a response".
Actually, 3 of them now. Mine, yours, this one.

Other people are free to read and jump in and comment if wanted.

Unless you were looking for the One And Only One full answer, to be the only thing.
I'm sorry if my comment does not meet your needs or expectations.

Apology accepted.

I don't mean to say a comment will shut down the thread, only that it hurts interest. I want the most high-quality responses possible. A low-quality response is bad for metaphorical business. I don't mind sacrificing my thread with 4 responses that don't contribute to the subject matter, because, ultimately, I want the forum to be the best it can be, not just my own personal experience. Irrelevant posts, with limited exceptions, actually hurt the forum. They are unethical. Whether by intention or neglect.

You have my apology as well. My mistake asserting that there was "a response" when I, apparently, should have stated that there would eventually be "3 of them now", and, of course, now 4.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Apology accepted.

I don't mean to say a comment will shut down the thread, only that it hurts interest. I want the most high-quality responses possible. A low-quality response is bad for metaphorical business. I don't mind sacrificing my thread with 4 responses that don't contribute to the subject matter, because, ultimately, I want the forum to be the best it can be, not just my own personal experience. Irrelevant posts, with limited exceptions, actually hurt the forum. They are unethical. Whether by intention or neglect.

You have my apology as well. My mistake asserting that there was "a response" when I, apparently, should have stated that there would eventually be "3 of them now", and, of course, now 4.
There is nothing here in terms of "ethics". A nebulous thread was started. It is all but impossible to answer your initial question without bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS