Per Site Privacy Actions box

I always noted that I have many sites at "Per Site Privacy Actions" box,
many of which are blocked and some allowed.
Last time I opened such box, I noted that all them have disappeared.
I assume that they were placed there by some anti-spyware soft.
I have the possibility of import them but could not see any way of save
them. Should I have it, it was just a question of re-import
them and the problem is solved.
Please assist by informing me :
a. If there is a way to save said list of block/allow sites.
b. How I can restore them at previous situation ?
c. Is there any spyware soft which place all these unwanted sites there ?

Thanks in advance

2) SpywareBlaster
[[SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for spyware - it prevents it from
ever being installed.
The most important step you can take is to secure your system. And
SpywareBlaster is the most powerful protection program available.]]

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23feJs7bIFHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Sdruws <sdruws@attglobal.net> hunted and pecked:
> I always noted that I have many sites at "Per Site Privacy Actions"
> box, many of which are blocked and some allowed.
> Last time I opened such box, I noted that all them have disappeared.
> I assume that they were placed there by some anti-spyware soft.
> I have the possibility of import them but could not see any way of
> save them. Should I have it, it was just a question of
> re-import them and the problem is solved.
> Please assist by informing me :
> a. If there is a way to save said list of block/allow sites.
> b. How I can restore them at previous situation ?
> c. Is there any spyware soft which place all these unwanted sites
> there ?
>
> Thanks in advance

I run already Spyware blaster.
But it remains in question :
Does spyware set blocked files to Per Site Privacy Actions box automatically
?
Is there any way to save the block/allow list for further restore ?
Where is this list archived in IE 6.0 ?

Does spyware{Blaser} set blocked files to Per Site Privacy Actions box
automatically?

Yes, if you make sure that you have Enable All Protection enabled...

[[1.) Open SpywareBlaster
2.) Click on the "Enable All Protection" link under Quick Tasks on the main
screen.
3.) Exit the program - you're done! ]]

Make sure that there are [[0 items have protection disabled...]]

SpywareBlaster Latest Definitions: 3/1/2005

[[To access Check for Updates, simply click on the "Updates" tab on the left
side of the SpywareBlaster interface, and then press the "Check for Updates"
button.]]
-----

[[SpywareBlaster's Restricted Sites protection provides one main option:
Restrict the actions of spyware/ad/tracking sites in Internet Explorer:
Adds sites to the Restricted Sites zone, to restrict the actions of the
sites in Internet Explorer.]]

All of these items are listed in Per Site Privacy Actions.
These items are set to: Always Block.
-----

Is there any way to save the block/allow list for further restore?

Make sure that you have Enable All Protection enabled.
-----
Where is this list archived in IE 6.0?

In the registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

This is the list of Restricted Sites from >>>

IE | Tools | Internet Options | Security tab | Restricted Sites |
Sites button | Web sites
---

There are different levels of privacy on the Internet zone, and they are
stored in the registry at the same location as the security zones.

You can also add a site to allow or to block cookies based on the site,
regardless of the privacy policy on the Web site. Those registry keys are
stored in the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\P3P\History

IE | Tools | Internet Options | Privacy tab | Edit button

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:umiTjPfIFHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Sdruws <sdruws@attglobal.net> hunted and pecked:
> I run already Spyware blaster.
> But it remains in question :
> Does spyware set blocked files to Per Site Privacy Actions box
> automatically ?
> Is there any way to save the block/allow list for further restore ?
> Where is this list archived in IE 6.0 ?

First of all many thanks for your assistance and patience with me.

Going over your last post :

aaa. I folowwed your guidance and Open Spywareblaster. Clicekd in Enable All
Protection and exit the program.
bbb. I made sure 0 items have protection disabled and latest definitions
3/1/2005.
ccc. Restricted Sites were dully found in Restricted Site Zone, although I
feel that there is much more sites in Spywarebalster than in IE ( IE | Tools
| Internet Options | Security tab | Restricted Sites |
Sites button | Web sites ) , in accordance with
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\InternetSettings
\ZoneMap\Domains.
It might be only an impression.
ddd.I found in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\P3P\History all blocked sites same than Spywareblaster. However,
much to my surprise only the two first sites of
IE | Tools | Internet Options | Privacy tab | Edit button were located.
Seems to me some strange factor is avoiding the computer to transfer it from
Register to IE, in the Per Site Privacy Actions box.
I am bit lost.
Resuming : Restrict sites OK. Per Site Privacy Actions NO !!!!
Does it make sense to you all above report ?
pse comment. TVM again for help.

This is the list of Restricted Sites from >>>

---

There are different levels of privacy on the Internet zone, and they are
stored in the registry at the same location as the security zones.

You can also add a site to allow or to block cookies based on the site,
regardless of the privacy policy on the Web site. Those registry keys are
stored in the following registry key:

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:umiTjPfIFHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Sdruws <sdruws@attglobal.net> hunted and pecked:
> I run already Spyware blaster.
> But it remains in question :
> Does spyware set blocked files to Per Site Privacy Actions box
> automatically ?
> Is there any way to save the block/allow list for further restore ?
> Where is this list archived in IE 6.0 ?

To clarify further :

The problem is to transfer the contents of
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\P3P\History in the Per Site Privacy Actions box

TRENDING THREADS