PerfCap VRel on GTX 1060?

mohammed.nihal7

Reputable
Jan 13, 2018
hello guys, i have been facing framedrops, stuttering, game crashes etc lately. When I installed GPU-Z it shows that my power is limited or something? What does this mean? Is this the reason causing the framerate drops or stuttering etc? I'm using GTX 1060 3GB SC. EVGA 500W PSU and i5 6400. Stock HP motherboard. (no idea which one, came prebuild with the processor)

https://ibb.co/bDRMa9

VRel does not mean anything is wrong with your graphics card. Same thing with a processor. You have the multiplier and voltage. You can either have the voltage set to be higher or lower in accordance to the multiplier and your stability. Since you haven't over/underclocked your card, and the voltage is stock, i'd suggest starting with updating your graphics drivers. Can you get a clear screen shot of gpu-z when the crashes happen?

mohammed.nihal7

Reputable
Jan 13, 2018

Thanks for the reply! My drivers are up to date, I tried clean installing OS, clean install Drivers etc and I still face this problem. From the event log when my PC crashed, it said: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. but after adding TDrDelay and set its value to 20, I faced this error and restart only ONCE but I feel like the fps/PC isnt stable. However before creating the TDrDelay file my PC was CONSTANTLY crashing after Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. warning. Now I kinda dont feel the PC is smooth and games tend to drop FPS. I just want to know that was that restart/PC crash due to my GPU being capped?

mohammed.nihal7

Reputable
Jan 13, 2018

Sadly no :/ Even none of my friends own a proper PC xD

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. is a hardware or driver problem? I dont mind about fps dropping little bit, i am just worried if my 8 month old GPU is dying or not. :c I thought the GPU cap is causing the problem but as you said its finee I'm confused. :c