Question Perfect CPU for GTX 1050

Dec 12, 2018
when i'm playing game like PUBG i can set the graphic to medium. the GPU is okay but my CPU usage is beyond 50% (around 70%)
My CPU is AMD FX 6100
my friend told me my cpu is bottleneck (it's his cpu, he borrow it to me) even thought he overclock it to 4 GHz
i was planning using Pentium G4600, 5400 i'm have low budget here buy my MOBO is AM3+ so i will change my mobo(probably RAM too, DDR3 10 GB)
i'm changing my mobo because it is his and it was broken before, bring it to service center and got fixed
also G5400 using DDR4 that's why i'm planning to change my mobo

Dec 12, 2018
If your CPU usage is less then your GPU usage then its fine, what FPS are your getting?

Also list your resolution.
well my resolution 1360x768 that's around 60 to 70 fps but sometimes it drop to 40 fps feels like cpu bottleneck gpu rendering. Also playing apex legends on very low i got 120 fps but trying to adjust for my 60Hz monitor by improving the graphic my cpu can't catch up to my gpu. I try on setting that effect my gpu (i see in the description where some setting only effect your cpu load not gpu) and got 80 fps then about 5-10 minutes later my pc got bluescreen
I choose g4560,g4600 or g5400 because in my country their pricealmost the same. Planning to buy g4600 so i only change my mobo and keep my ddr3 to save my money becasu g5400 are using ddr4

WildCard999

Titan
Well, in most cases, the CPU controls the FPS while the GPU controls the graphic settings. Getting the G4600 may help as it does have much better single core performance and a bit more on quad core performance so your FPS should be a bit more stable over the FX however going with a 2C/4T CPU nowadays may not be the best choice especially in the long run.

logainofhades

Titan
What is your budget? If you are stuck with a DDR3 based rig, look into used Sandy or ivy bridge i5's before going and getting a Pentium. (I would not buy more DDR3) Otherwise, go with a Ryzen 3, 2200g, and some ddr4 3000, with a b450 board. Dual core gaming, these days, makes little sense.

Dec 12, 2018
Well, in most cases, the CPU controls the FPS while the GPU controls the graphic settings. Getting the G4600 may help as it does have much better single core performance and a bit more on quad core performance so your FPS should be a bit more stable over the FX however going with a 2C/4T CPU nowadays may not be the best choice especially in the long run.
Why i thought intel have hyperthreading technology which said it feels like have 4 Cores?

Dec 12, 2018
What is your budget? If you are stuck with a DDR3 based rig, look into used Sandy or ivy bridge i5's before going and getting a Pentium. (I would not buy more DDR3) Otherwise, go with a Ryzen 3, 2200g, and some ddr4 3000, with a b450 board. Dual core gaming, these days, makes little sense.
Isn't 2200G APU? I already have gpu tho and also 10GB DDR3. i'm will try to buy new but is there any other cpu support ddr3?

logainofhades

Titan
Technically, the Pentium G is an APU, as it has integrated graphics. The 2200g is faster than a Ryzen 3, 1200, and is similar in price, and often cheaper. It's also a true quad core. To support DDR3, you need to look at used 2nd-4th gen Intel. No current platforms use ddr3 anymore.