Question Perfectly normal PC extremely slow after factory reset

Allerion4

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017
Hello everyone. I dont know if Windows 10 forum is the right choice, but I still dont know what is causing my problem. It is most likely something software because it happened 3 times in 3 different PCs. So here is the description

I needed to delete all stuff from three all-in-one PCs Lenovo, model : F0CD0046CK. They were used by people so there were some stuff on them but they were working perfectly fine. I just needed them fully cleaned and ready for something else. So I went into same process with all 3 of them. Got into the recovery screen, chose to remove everything without fully cleaning the drives and started the factory reset. After about half hour, they were ready, all 3 still working without any problems.

I installed some few basic stuff on them that I needed, stuff like Chrome, Mozilla Thunderbird, ESET antivirus and thats about it. When they were all ready I turned them off. Few days after that when I turned on one of them it was extremely slow right from the start, literally logging on to your account and getting to desktop took like 10 minutes. Sometimes you couldnt even log into your account, it just froze on "loading" for half hour. The weird thing is that they were perfectly normal few days before and nothing was done to them. In 2 hours I wasnt even able to start Chrome and open Task Manager, thats how bad it is.

The worst part is that the two other PCs are exactly the same... So now I have three PCs that cant be used for anything and all I did to them was factory reset.
The only thing I can try is to boot up from flash and do reinstall again. I wanted to ask you guys if you have any idea what can be the cause of this.

Colif

Titan

Allerion4

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017
As I said, I am pretty much unable to do anything on them. Cant even check versions of anything. It might be possible that factory reset puts them few versions behind. The thing is that I am just unable to even check. They were connected to fast WiFi the whole time so I think they had plenty of time to get the newer version. I was on one of them for about 3 hours in total and it nothing changed.

3 of them are now extremely slow, I did the same proccess with same Lenovo Models few weeks before and they were working fine.

https://www.lenovoshop.cz/lenovo-ideacentre-aio-510-23ish-i5-6400t-2-80-ghz-8-gb-1-tb-23-fhd-geforce-2-gb-dvd-rw-win10-cerny_d584832.html
Sorry its czech site but there are all the specifications, cant find it anywhere else.

Allerion4

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017
Alright I will give it a try tommorow and let you know. If I remember correctly they got Lenovo Vantage software which can find latest drivers by himself. First I gotta reinstall it again and see if it will be still slow.

Last edited by a moderator:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS