[SOLVED] how to reduce boot time?

georgestathis13

Commendable
Dec 5, 2017
Solution
The best way to reduce boot time is to not boot.
Instead of powering off a pc, use sleep to ram(no hibernate) instead.
That puts the pc and monitor into a very low power state similar to a full power off.
Sleep/wake is a few seconds.

In the bios, look to see if you have any adapters that you are not using and disable them.
It takes time to determine that they are not in use.
You can also adjust the delay for detecting a keyboard entry or the time to display the motherboard logo. Sometimes, there is a default ram test that you can disable.

Colif

Win 11 Master
both links are same picture?

where are you getting the time from? If its the startup tab in Task manager, that is the time it takes BIOS to hand control to windows and unless boot is actually 13 seconds, I wouldn't worry about it as not a lot you can do to make it faster besides update BIOS and maybe chipset drivers.

13 seconds isn't slow either.

Colif

Win 11 Master
13 isn't slow, I get average of about 10 and its not noticeable really. Stop looking at it :)

Sure, my pc is older and its not an NVME but it still takes time for BIOS to identify parts. I assume the actual getting into windows isn't slow?

The best way to reduce boot time is to not boot.
Instead of powering off a pc, use sleep to ram(no hibernate) instead.
That puts the pc and monitor into a very low power state similar to a full power off.
Sleep/wake is a few seconds.

In the bios, look to see if you have any adapters that you are not using and disable them.
It takes time to determine that they are not in use.
You can also adjust the delay for detecting a keyboard entry or the time to display the motherboard logo. Sometimes, there is a default ram test that you can disable.

Solution