Perform Windows 10 October Update but found out it doesn't really update :) Help!!

DarKeStarzZ

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
I was updating my laptop Windows 10 Home from 1803 to 1809 with the windows update assistant. The download process and install process were running pretty good. After installing, obviously the laptop will be restart to further the update. My laptop restart and went into a booting-like update screen with the percentage of update had done. the problem comes. It update until 17% and it restart and boot into my computer. I went into and check the OS build number and it still remand the same, which is the 1803 version. Can anyone help or explain what is going on. It kinda strange and i went through lot of forum still couldn't find out why:). Can someone discuss bout it?

I'm having similar issues, both my HTPC AND my 2 in 1 windows 10 laptop go to 81% then stop there for around 5 hours. After that it just reboots and goes back to 1803.

I've tried to look for a fix, can't find anything yet (besides doing a full clean installation), looks like we'll have to wait for Microsoft to fix this mess.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from DarKeStarzZ : "Perform Windows 10 October Update but found out it doesn't really update :) Help!!"

DarKeStarzZ

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015

Ya man hahah. There's a lot of problem with the version 1809. Hope Microsoft fix the update using the windows update assistant. Same here, i was thinking to do a clean installation.I was formatting my pc last month and also install a new SSD and i did a clean installation of the 1809 on my PC and it works great on my PC. Everythings are fine. On my laptop, cuz too many data need to backup. And im lazy to backing them up. So i just wanted to do a update instead doing clean installation.

TRENDING THREADS