[SOLVED] Performance after AVG

uns33n

Prominent
Nov 1, 2018
My computer slowed down a little with AVG.

Yet now that I have uninstalled that programme my computer is still running slower than it did pre-AVG. I only had it a couple months.

It also changed all my folders to read-only. It would take a long time to change my folders back. Has anyone else noticed this issue with AVG?

Solution
Download the AVG removal tool and run it to make sure your system is clean of any avg files/registry entries still hanging around. I'd even suggest running ccleaner to check for any registry entries too. No, I've not noticed any probs with file permissions. but I stopped running any 3rd party anti-virus s/w years ago. they were always a massive pain in the arse.

Diddly

Distinguished
Download the AVG removal tool and run it to make sure your system is clean of any avg files/registry entries still hanging around. I'd even suggest running ccleaner to check for any registry entries too. No, I've not noticed any probs with file permissions. but I stopped running any 3rd party anti-virus s/w years ago. they were always a massive pain in the arse.

Solution

Latest posts