Performance and Audio stutter because of PCI Wireless Adapter. Help!

Jun 19, 2018
Hi all,

so...this is an ongoing and very nasty problem that apparently many have.

The issue: When I connect to my router via my wifi PCI network adapter (Asus PCE-N15 11n) the performance of my high specs pc stutters every 20 seconds or so. The most visible (audible) symptom is a stuttering in the audio (tried bluetooth speakers, headphones, usb headset, usb speakers) and a small but noticeable stutter in the performance.
This happens while gaming, streaming, surfing the web, watching video in youtube... you name it.

In the beginning I didn't know what was causing this problem and after many attempts i figured it's actually the network adapter. This because if I connect to my router with an ethernet cable the problem disappears completely.

Now, few more details:

• - PC is totally high specs, GTX 1080, i7, 32 giga ram, etc. a top notch machine
    - It's not the router/modem (changed it)
    - It's not the geographic area (I literally moved from Brooklyn, NY to an Illinois suburb in the middle of nowhere)
    - It's not the ISP, I changed from Optimum to Comcast
    - It's not ASUS drivers, uninstalled and re-installed it.
    - It's not the power supply/strip/etc. Beside changing the entire building I changed powerstrips, plugs, etc.
    - It's not the distance from the router. In NYC my case was literally 4 steps from it, here in Illinois is in another room.

I really run out of options, this is a very nasty issue. Before buying a new adapter or stick I'd love to try and make it work once and forever.

Thanks a lot and hopefully I posted in the right section.

If you need any more details I can provide them.

Thanks!!!

TRENDING THREADS