Question Performance decrease after upgrade

Gedy

Honorable
Jun 12, 2014
Hi,

I have recently upgrade my PCs motherboard and power supply and for some reason the performance of the PC seems to have decreased.

For example I sometimes play Valorant. I know it is not very graphically demanding game but still before the upgrade I used to have StreamLabs running, Google Chrome opened and game on high settings and I got about 250FPS. I have tried the same after update and my FPS is now dropping to 130-170 FPS with the same things running.

Here is my current part list:

Here is what I did so far:

• Checked my CPU and GPU temps. They are okay
  • Reinstalled Windows 2x. I did after the upgraded and then once more after noticing a decreased performance. Both times complete wipe and reinstall of the drivers.
  • I have XMP enabled for my rams (for this mobo its called DOCP). I tried with and without it, it is the same. But I had XMP enable previously as well. AMD likes fast ram so I don't know how this could be an issue.

What could be causing this decreased performance?

I know that I should not expect better performance from mobo and psu upgrade, however I expect to maintain the same performance. At the end of the day both parts are better.

I am not sure how to solve this. Any advice?

Thanks.

Gedy

Honorable
Jun 12, 2014
You mean cpu/gpu monitor? If, yes then I use in game FPS monitor.
For usage I used AMD Radeon Software.

GPU was jumping 40-70%. Usually stayed in the 65-70%

CPU was 25-30%