[SOLVED] Performance difference between GTX 1070 and RX 2070

I've been thinking about this for a couple weeks now and I figured I would ask here. How much of a performance difference would there be between a GTX 1070 and a RX 2070? Is it worth the upgrade. Normally I don't jump from one generation to the next normally I wait 4 or 5 years before upgrading to the latest and greatest. In this case though there is a pretty big gap between generations. The previous generation was Pascal and was released in the spring of 2016. The RX was just recently released that is three, almost four years between generations. What are your thoughts? Like I said is it worth it?

EDIT** just realized I forgot to mention I would be playing at 1920X1080 resolution

Nov 3, 2019
I've been thinking about this for a couple weeks now and I figured I would ask here. How much of a performance difference would there be between a GTX 1070 and a RX 2070? Is it worth the upgrade. Normally I don't jump from one generation to the next normally I wait 4 or 5 years before upgrading to the latest and greatest. In this case though there is a pretty big gap between generations. The previous generation was Pascal and was released in the spring of 2016. The RX was just recently released that is three, almost four years between generations. What are your thoughts? Like I said is it worth it?

EDIT** just realized I forgot to mention I would be playing at 1920X1080 resolution
On a 1070 you would be good at 1080p for a couple more years. You may have to adjust some graphics settings on the brand new games to get a comfortable FPS but it’s really up to you. The RTX 2070 and 2070 super are going for a decent price right now. If you’d like to compare the GPUs directly you can go to userbenchmark.com

Thanks I'll check out both those sites to get a better comparison. Although I'm already finding that I have to make some adjustments in the newest games to keep a steady 60 fps with no stutters which is also partly driving this question.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Thanks I'll check out both those sites to get a better comparison. Although I'm already finding that I have to make some adjustments in the newest games to keep a steady 60 fps with no stutters which is also partly driving this question.
I'd have to echo @sizzling 's question about the rest of your specs. The 1070 shouldn't have any trouble at all with 1920x1080 @ 60fps in any of today's games max details. Also, what specific games are giving you trouble?