Reputable
Aug 3, 2015
Specs:
i5 6500
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB DDR4
500GB SSD
MSI H110M GAMING

I recently upgraded my graphics card from a 750ti to a 1060 6gb and at the same time added another 8GB of DDR4 ram, since doing this whenever i play games the performance is worse than it was on my previous graphics card. So far the only exception is Battalion 1944 which seems to run better. Fortnite on the same settings is worse than before and Apex Legends is unplayable with constant stuttering every time i move the mouse quickly. All games are on the same settings, used ddu to uninstall old drivers and installed latest from NVIDIA site. PSU should be supplying enough power in theory so I can't figure out what's causing the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated

jostegogar

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
2 different but theyre the same brand and should be the same speeds etc
PSU is a cooler master rs-460-pcap-a3
mixing ram is never guaranteed to work. even if they are same brand same frequency and same timing.
only modules sold as package are 100% guaranteed to work.try playing with 1 ram your stutters will probably be gone

Nebby-

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015
mixing ram is never guaranteed to work. even if they are same brand same frequency and same timing.
only modules sold as package are 100% guaranteed to work.try playing with 1 ram your stutters will probably be gone

I tried removing the new RAM and the same problem still occurs, it happens on battalion aswell now but it seems to only happen when moving the mouse, if i dont look around my FPS seems stable

TRENDING THREADS