Performance issues after replacing motherboard, CPU, and GPU

laiorai

Prominent
Jan 9, 2019
I'm fairly tech savvy but the niceties of hardware is where I occasionally fall short.

I recently upgraded my CPU, GPU, and motherboard. Since I've done that my computer has been performing worse than before the upgrade and I can't seem to find a reason.

New specs:
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z370-A LGA1151
CPU: i7-8700K
GPU: GTX 1080 Ti
RAM: 16GB

From what I can discern myself, I feel like my CPU might not be getting cooled properly, or that the problem is almost certainly CPU related. However, when I check temperatures everything seems in order.

I'm currently at work so I'm unable to get specific specs and information for you, but if someone could let me know everything they'd need me to get or any additional information that might be useful I can post it as soon as I get home.

laiorai

Prominent
Jan 9, 2019

Before I had:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-X99-SLI
CPU: i7 5820K
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390

Radeon drivers have been wiped and Nvidia drivers installed.

laiorai

Prominent
Jan 9, 2019

Well I don't have any specific benchmarks from before/after but I definitely get poor performance and less FPS on most games. Especially when compared to people with the same CPU/GPU combo.

Additionally I get poor response times on regular windows/browsers occasionally.

laiorai

Prominent
Jan 9, 2019

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13726877

I used the Reset This PC function and didn't save any files. It didn't really occur to me that that might not actually count as a clean install. I said I wiped the old drivers and installed the new ones simply out of habit of answering questions before they're asked.