Question Performance issues and random powering off.

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020
Hi guys,

As of I'd say a couple of weeks ago my girlfriends PC has been having some issues and the main one being the PC just randomly shutting off whenever she'd tab out of her games and the second one being some fps issues or not being able to turn music off and the PC running kind of sluggish... she got a new 700W PSU but the next day it still did the same thing and shut itself off, I made the suggestion to reseat the ram and switch the sticks around because I'm pretty sure that ram can be the reasoning for a PC shutting off by itself (not 100percent on that so correct me if I'm wrong) and ever since then it hasn't happened for the last few days.

The thing is though, is she still has weird performance issues where she can't stop her music after tabbing in and out and she still has the sluggish performance... I've tried searching on Google a little bit but cannot seem to narrow anything down to her problem or even anything similar to her problem. Hopefully someone can help us out here as we have absolutely no idea if its a hardware issue or not but one thing we are certain on is that its not the PSU and we are unsure if the powering off problem is completely fixed or somehow temporarily fixed but as of right now its not doing it.

Specs:

Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 970 4GB
Thermaltake TR2 S Series 700W PSU 80+
Asus Prime B350-PLUS
Team Group Vulcan 16GB DDR4 Clocked at 2933MHz

The system is about 3 years old and has been working completely fine until a week or two ago.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Reactions: its_Hati

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020
Forgot to mention, after a while of the PC being on and tabbing in and out to check messages for example, the PC eventually stops allowing her to tab out completely and has to force open task manager or restart the PC.