Performance issues/Heating issues with high end laptop.

May 15, 2020
Okay right, i've had this problem and I just can't fix it (or i don't know how to.). So basically I bought this omen laptop couple months ago and it's a beast ruinng rtx 2070 and some other specs(i7-8750H, 32gb ram,1920x1080, 144hz and some other stuff). The main problem here is that when i game on rust or any other games after 10 minutes my cpu temperature jumps to 97 celsius (206 ferinheight) and the gpu jumps to 89 celsius (192 ferinheight), this caused me alot of issues as in fps drops ingame and it just became so unplayable, I can't game on this system more than 5 - 10 minutes unless letting it heat more and lag more... what should I do?

Unfortunately this is far too common in gaming laptops. There are 3 things you can look into.

1) Undervolting the cpu. This can have a reasonable effect on temperatures and done carefully it won’t reduce performance, it can even improve performance by allowing the cpu to boost higher.

2) Underclocking or limiting boost speed. This also can have a reasonable effect on temperature but does cost a little performance.

3) Replacing the thermal paste with high quality paste. This has a varying effect depending how bad the original paste is.

Very often people end up doing a mixture of all 3.

Reactions: Stantheman2
May 15, 2020
Unfortunately this is far too common in gaming laptops. There are 3 things you can look into.

1) Undervolting the cpu. This can have a reasonable effect on temperatures and done carefully it won’t reduce performance, it can even improve performance by allowing the cpu to boost higher.

2) Underclocking or limiting boost speed. This also can have a reasonable effect on temperature but does cost a little performance.

3) Replacing the thermal paste with high quality paste. This has a varying effect depending how bad the original paste is.

Very often people end up doing a mixture of all 3.
underclocking it actually helped alot, thanks man.