Hi !
So Im having some weird issues with my new built pc specs below :
Cpu : i7 7700k
Mobo : msi b250m
Gpu : Asus gtx 1050ti
Ram 2*16 go ddr4 total of 32 go
Psu : inter-tech energon 550 watt
Storage SanDisk 240go+ 2to WD

Most of my work is 2d editing with Adobe illustrator and Photoshop,a simple copy and paste task from any USB drive to my hdd won't reach above 5mb/s ; any print attempt of any large file would freeze the whole pc ,heck my old i7 4790k is doing the same job like a champ ,I'm thinking that maybe my psu is bottlenecking the whole machine should I change it with a more decent brand ???

The transfer speed has nothing to do with the CPU or PSU.

Does the same USB stick transfer faster on the other system?

It really sounds like you have a bad drive in the system.

*In my first type-up I mentioned replacing the low quality PSU even if it doesn't fix your issue. But I accidentally deleted everything and had to start over.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yes, first place to go is to always replace the bottom-barrel PSU; this is in the do-not-buy-ever tier. It may not resolve the problem, but having a junk PSU in the mix is always a complicating factor when diagnosing an issue. In this case, I can imagine some horrors on the +5V rail.

Sk8ter

Honorable
Aug 24, 2014

Yes all of my USB thumb drives are transferring data faster in my old rig,btw I'm using a 700watt xfx power supply in the old one , I did a complete format reinstalled windows 10 with the latest updates, did a bios update too ..still nothing have changed, what bothers me the most is the long hang ups each time I try to print something ..the bigger the file , the longer the wait ...some 300mb files would crash the system ..

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

If your old PC has a good power supply -- and it sounds like it does as most XFX PSUs are made by SeaSonic -- then you should test the old power supply in the new PC and at least eliminate the PSU as the cause of this particular problem.

Note that if it isn't, that doesn't mean you don't need to replace that PSU; you don't have a middling or mediocre PSU in there, you have a horrifying one, the kind that you would hope to have elite forces surreptitiously install in ISIS's PCs.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

One of these weird little quirks I possess is that I don't like my expensive equipment being damaged or destroyed by trading in safety so I can budget for bling. I know, I know, but different strokes for different folks, and all that.

Sk8ter

Honorable
Aug 24, 2014

Thanks for the advice I'm gonna send this piece of junk to his final destination ASAP ...:ange:

Sk8ter

Honorable
Aug 24, 2014
Hi again !
A quick update ..i did a few upgrades on my rig ..i get rid of that useless PSU ..bougut a new one silver rated ..also bought a new gpu EVGA gtx 1070ftw ..reinstalled windows and all the drivers..system seemed to work just fine ..for a couple of days ..and then ..just like that back to the old problems..i feel really confused

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

What's the new one? Haven't seen a good silver-rated in a while.

It's too bad replacing the junk PSU didn't fix the issue - now I'd try swapping out the storage if you have something spare handy.

Sk8ter

Honorable
Aug 24, 2014
Just when i thought things wouldn't go messier ...i had a hellish week my newly upgraded pc started to give BSOD error messages..of attempted write to readonly_memory error ..i did a system clean install with the latest version of windows 10..but unfortunately that wasn't the only issue. .all of my drives are slowing down .. even my DVD reader keeps ejecting media and the my folders are taking a while to display their content. .I tried to update the minimum of my drives through windows 10 update service couldn't download a single one . I went to extreme measures and asked my partner to download my missing drivers straight from his desktop to my thumb drive ..some drivers installation went smoothly others like the Nvidia one crashed with some srs 7zip error message. I think my motherboard was damaged by my old PSU !!! I practicly changed most of my hardware ..I have now a new PNY ssd a two new sticks of ram ..a new HDD ..