[SOLVED] Performance issues in Resident Evil 8

Jul 18, 2021
Hi,
I have issues with performace in Resident Evil Village.
I played both of the demo versions on my pc and both of the versions were running perfect on 60 fps. Now that I got the full game I have 20-50 fps but only when I get to the new area in the game. For example, in the beggining of the game fps was normal and it was normal until the point where you get to the village then it starts to fps drop, but if I back out of the game and then return the fps in that area will be normal and it's like that for every new area in the game.

Here are pc specs:
GTX 1650 SUPER
RYZEN 5 3400g
8 GB of RAM

I dunno if I explained it well, but if someone knows how to fix it please let me know, I would be gratefull.

Solution
is the ryzen 5 3400g running at 4 core 8 threads? just to make sure.
Also resident evil 8 is kinda heavy for that gpu. Full Game always much heavier than any demo.
Also it is recommended to have 16GBs of ram because that game is takin alot of ram, grab any 3200mhz or 3600mhz 2x8gb kit, you'll see the performance increase.

*ryzen always work better with 2 ram at high speed, if you have 4 slot motherboard, place it at slot 2 and 4
*dont forget to turn on XMP profile at bios if you ram is 3200mhz or more.
Also resident evil 8 is kinda heavy for that gpu. Full Game always much heavier than any demo.
Also it is recommended to have 16GBs of ram because that game is takin alot of ram, grab any 3200mhz or 3600mhz 2x8gb kit, you'll see the performance increase.

*ryzen always work better with 2 ram at high speed, if you have 4 slot motherboard, place it at slot 2 and 4

Reactions: Ementaler21
Solution
Jul 18, 2021

[/
Yep, it's runnig at 4 core and 8 threads. All thing you said are true I guess, I just thought that it was weird that in some areas I have 100+ fps and in some areas that aren't even big have 30 fps. I also forgot to write that I tried lowest setting and lowest resolution and it didn't change a thing.
Thanks for the answer and thanks for the advice!

Reactions: Koekieezz